Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it bother you when someone says that boxing sucks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC seems to be making more noise in the US in recent years with fighters like Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor.

Boxing does appear to be in it's shadow in some ways.

However boxing is thriving outside of the US in places like the UK for example and UFC isn't as big there.

One good thing about the UFC is the fans get to see the fights that they want to see.

Comment

I find it hard to defend these days & I understand why people don't like boxing anymore so I don't get into many debates or arguments about it like you did & like I used to. But yea it does bother me that boxing has niched itself, doubled down on things that don't work as well anymore & just not fixed whats broken for too long themselves into being the #2 combat sport people are interested in (in the US mind you as I know MMA hasn't even reached some countries yet).

If any more popular sport was as scattered & chaotic as boxing is I'd fully expect it to be hard for the masses to appreciate that particular sport just like boxing has trouble doing today despite me & most here still seeing the things we love about the sport in so many if not every fight still despite all the bs all around this primitive, exciting & noble sport.

Comment

The argument can be made that boxing has been dying a slow death for decades, at least in America. The sport has had its ups and downs, but generally the trajectory has been down. There was a time everyone -- everyone -- knew the heavyweight champion's name. People even knew champions in lower weight divisions. Boxing was once a regular and welcome sight on US network television. It was once second only to baseball in America. Now it's a fringe sport. Boxing will probably never die in the sense that it disappears altogether, but compared to what it once was, it's on life-support.

Comment

Hold up you cut the mullet?!

Comment

eh, they're probably not aware enough to make an honest opinion, but it wouldn't bother me. The current state of boxing is an acquired taste...it's more political than most people understand and that's part of the turnoff. If I'm being honest, a lot of what boxing is for me, is what it could be...we sit here fantasizing certain matchups develop - that's not a positive sign when you have to hope the best fight each other. No other sport withholds matchups in such a fashion. I certainly can't criticize those that don't care for that nonsense. But at the same time, those casual fans might not appreciate how serious and detrimental boxing can be on a fighter's health, and that's part of why boxing becomes so political and money-driven. If you don't wanna take the time to understand it, you won't.

Comment

I hate people saying "Mayweather killed Boxing"

They sound like fools. Especially since Mayweather is probably like one of only three boxers they know.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                Nope. Because in a way they're right.
                Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                no, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion
                Yeah but my point is, in many instances these are people who don't follow the sport AT ALL. I mean it's like me, who watches zero golf, telling a golf fan that golf sucks and I don't know who any of these golfers are thus they must f**king suck.

I just don't get how people who don't follow a sport at all whatsoever can make these broad sweeping statements.

Just say you don't like it or it ain't for you. Fine. But you're going to tell me, as someone who actually follows the sport, that there are no fighters worth watching...when you can't name a single boxer outside of Tyson, Mayweather, and Pacquiao??

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Hold up you cut the mullet?!

I just took 1/16th of an inch of the top bruh, relax.

Comment

Hell nah it doesn't. At the workplace, in the real world in general I don't come across that many people that even care for the sport enough to follow it. I hear that it's boring, it sucks and all kinds of things.. I mean, I know it doesn't. It's frustrating as hell sometimes, but that's what that is.

Comment

Working...
                  X