Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Reporting: Manny Pacquiao In Financial Trouble... Wow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did no one else actually read the article?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-jr?src=mobile

There's nothing new in it about Pacquiao's finances at all. It says that Pacquiao doesn't pay close attention to his finances and that he's managed by Michael Koncz. And that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      that huge no taxed purse in macau will help him out
      Guess who's never coming back to the states?

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
        He should have left Top Rank long ago. It sucks to hear this.
        Yes, keep blaming other people but themselves. Pacquiao is a known degenerate gambler. Pacquiao is nothing but a fraud.

Comment

Roach said Manny was broke quite a while ago. I also remember Kelly Pavlik saying Pacquiao has the worst deal in boxing, as if he had some inside info on his contract. Now Manny has decided to give up on his U.S. audience to hang on to more of his earnings, which seems curious to me. I wish him the best, but Arum will continue raping the guy for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            This was talked about by people for years on the forums, and no one believed it. He gets screwed by Arum and I'm not sure he even knows how much he makes at the end of the day just gets a check and nods. He invests in everything and seems to waste his money on a major scale. It is sorta sad but, it seemed to be that way when he was looking for a Cotto rematch at a CW of a guy he A. already beat, and B. just got whitewashed by Mayweather. That was purely for money so it shouldn't be much of a shock....just sad.
            Cotto hadn't fought Mayweather yet, he came off the Margarito rematch and then Pacquiao wanted him at 147, then Mayweather came in trying to be the "hero" and said he'd fight Cotto at 154. I think Mayweather just did that for PR purposes, nothing else. He wanted to get the fans on his side and be more vocal about Pacquiao fighting at catchweights while pointing to "Look, I fought Cotto and Oscar at the full 154 pound limit, while Pacquiao drained DLH to 147 and drained Cotto to 145 and wanted to drain him again from 154 to 147, what a coward." He wanted the media on his side. But now if he kills the Canelo fight by asking for the fight at 147, he's going to kill that image of him supposedly fighting guys at their weight while they are comfortable.

Comment

Nothing new. He chose to enter politics in his country. While others
              enter it with the purpose of enriching themselves, he entered it to
              throw money away.
              He and his wife, who I heard got elected also, will be there for a
              long haul. It's irreversible until they lose everything, relationships,
              family, rep, etc.

He'll end up where he started, a poor guy with nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Did no one else actually read the article?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-jr?src=mobile

There's nothing new in it about Pacquiao's finances at all. It says that Pacquiao doesn't pay close attention to his finances and that he's managed by Michael Koncz. And that's about it.
                I was looking for the link, thanks for that.

Comment

Pacquiao is one of the dumbest people alive so this is no surprise.

Comment

The story of a lot of fighters.

Comment

I have said it before and will say it again: Every cent a boxer makes is earned income....When someone works a shift at MikkyD's the government knows exactly how much this individual is paid. On owner of a pizza restaurant buys a bag of flour and the IRS knows exactly how much pizzas will come out of that flour....the difference? the pizza owner gets some stuff written off and...he can work out ways to get more pizzas out of that flour. The worker has no such luck.

The compensation paid to an athlete is essentially the same as the fast food worker. When you make more money though....you pay a lot higher percentage. Pacquio, Floyd, James...they pay upfront about half of their income in taxes. Then comes the taxes we all pay....When Lebron James pays for his quart of milk he pays the 4-8% we all do to the state. When luxury goods are bought the percentage goes up.

So figure out how much Manny actually pays out in taxes and you will see that it is inevitable that he is broke. Its only a matter of time! When you allegedly make millions, you have to buy the right toys, give the IRS most of it, and never for a moment think that you may want to become a business owner, invest in REal Estate, or otherwise do something to save yourself...

Why? Well its beneath you. Listen... When I came in to some money and learned a little bit I became a landlord. Can you imagine a superstar becoming a landlord? haha Floyd don't do that!!!! You do sexy businesses like production companies, make music!!! All thngs where you pay everybody most of the money haha.

SEE HOW WE ARE BRAINWASHED?

Comment

Working...
                      X