Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could you possibly learn in a weeks time to translate to boxing> Hell you have paid NO dues in a weeks time. They throw you in now so you don't get uninterested and to see if you cry when your nose gets bloodied.
    My point is that you learn some techniques first then you earn your shot to apply themm in the ring. To have 20 people sparring at the same time is just BS!

In case you don't know I owned and ran a gym that was started in 1969 and is still in exsistance today run by one of my students from the 80's!
    Boxing is a sport that is filled with learning methods & techniques along with respect earned by participation.
    Before you get to spar you need to show me you can train to gain conditioning first. Thats one way to show me your serious.
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      What could you possibly learn in a weeks time to translate to boxing> Hell you have paid NO dues in a weeks time. They throw you in now so you don't get uninterested and to see if you cry when your nose gets bloodied.
      My point is that you learn some techniques first then you earn your shot to apply themm in the ring. To have 20 people sparring at the same time is just BS!

In case you don't know I owned and ran a gym that was started in 1969 and is still in exsistance today run by one of my students from the 80's!
      Boxing is a sport that is filled with learning methods & techniques along with respect earned by participation.
      Before you get to spar you need to show me you can train to gain conditioning first. Thats one way to show me your serious.
      Ray
      Why'd you stop running it?

Comment

All endeavors stop in time. In the boxing business you need to be associated with strong promoters and matchmakers you need relationships with other trainers and gyms too. When the associates are older than you are and leave the business you will start over to a degree with new associates. I wasn't willing to revamp my career so I moved on to private training.
        I still accept video's and evaluate and tudor people interested in the sport.

No one does anything on their own in boxing it can get very complicated
        as progression is gained. Some of the most talented boxers I ever knew or saw never made it to the public. It's a sport that often times looses to it's rival, the streets!

Ray Corso

Comment

Working...
        X