Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John David Jackson has fought vs B-hop, Trained him, and is now training against him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John David Jackson has fought vs B-hop, Trained him, and is now training against him

Interesting Fact. John David Jackson Got KOed by B-Hop in b-hops 5th of his 20 successful title defenses. He trained Bernard Hopkins for Antonio Tarver. And now, Barring a Kovalev Loss, he is training someone who is fighting vs Hopkins. I find this all to be very interesting.

Though I don't think what experience and advice Jackson could give Kovalev would help him vs Hopkins, it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

Comment

Will he tell Kovalev to go for the Home-run punch. You know how that works out vs Hopkins. Just ask Trinidad.

Comment

Comment

Right now it almost seems like a case of can't see the forest for the trees. Maybe JDJ has some tricks up his sleeves but so far his gameplan sounds uninspired.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            Though I don't think what experience and advice Jackson could give Kovalev would help him vs Hopkins, it will be interesting to see how they approach it.
            it will help a lot for sure.

lets keep in mind jackson was only the head coach for one or two of BHops fights, but he has been an assistant trainer for the better part of the last 10 years. since nazeems stroke he has been doing a lot more of the legwork too like padwork and whatnot.

he knows BHop very well. Hopkins is oviously very well rounded, but hackson surely knows the best way to fight him, he has seen up close and personal how Hopkins has aged and in which ways its effected him most. he knows him as a person, how he and his whole team thinks and how they will approach the fight with kovalev.

very big advantage for kovalev.

Comment

Comment

JDJ can tell Kovalev to lie in a ditch and it won't matter

Hopkins is 50 years old. This man does not have the reflexes or speed he had when he was younger, anybody who thinks so is severely delusional. We're talking about a guy who dropped rounds to Karo Murat and the plodder Tavoris Cloud

Kovalev is going to put a systematic beatdown on him and from the very first round, once Hopkins feels his power he's going to be on his bike.

Easy work Kovalev. I mean... Easy. Hopkins has absolutely no chance, you'll see. And I don't want to hear excuses after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  JDJ can tell Kovalev to lie in a ditch and it won't matter

Hopkins is 50 years old. This man does not have the reflexes or speed he had when he was younger, anybody who thinks so is severely delusional. We're talking about a guy who dropped rounds to Karo Murat and the plodder Tavoris Cloud

Kovalev is going to put a systematic beatdown on him and from the very first round, once Hopkins feels his power he's going to be on his bike.

Easy work Kovalev. I mean... Easy. Hopkins has absolutely no chance, you'll see. And I don't want to hear excuses after the fight
                  Kovalev has never gone past 8 rounds. And he gets cut up. Hopkins will cut him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Right now it almost seems like a case of can't see the forest for the trees. Maybe JDJ has some tricks up his sleeves but so far his gameplan sounds uninspired.
                    I believe his game plan will be useless because Kovalev will not listen. Kovalev only wants to KO his opponent and KOing hopkins is easier said than done. It has never happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X