No announcement yet.

Threw My Back Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threw My Back Out

Shoveling wet leaves from parking lot drains in the rain today; the shovel handle snapped (was using a snow shovel with a steel handle and a plastic "D" at the handle end; it's the "D" section that broke off) and it feels like I've sprained my whole right side. I can barely breathe. Going to the doctor in an hour, taking the next couple days off. Probably out of boxing for a week or two.

I need a new job. I get messed up way too much at this one.

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
    Shoveling wet leaves from parking lot drains in the rain today; the shovel handle snapped (was using a snow shovel with a steel handle and a plastic "D" at the handle end; it's the "D" section that broke off) and it feels like I've sprained my whole right side. I can barely breathe. Going to the doctor in an hour, taking the next couple days off. Probably out of boxing for a week or two.

damn man stop hurting yourself at work.
    kidding sorry to hear it, got to give that injury plenty of time to heal.

Comment

dont make the mistake i did and go back to training before its fullyhealed

Comment

I actually threw my back out sparring about two years ago. Guess it was officially a slipped disk, but it caused sciatica in my lower back. That stuff was NO joke. I couldn't walk at all for about 4 days, was bed ridden and needed to be tended to. It was very VERY painful and very debilitating. Once I could get on my feet it took me about a minute to walk 5 steps. Took about two months before I gained full mobility back.

Fraidy luckily yours doesnt sound as bad as that. Could just be a pulled or strained muscle. I would suggest the obvious, keeping the ice on, laying on your back (not your stomach) and pop those Ibuprofins as needed.

Comment

Back from the doctor. Severe thoracic strain and maybe some torn cartilage in my ribs. Nothing too bad; a few days off work and some heavy drugs, a month or so of light duty. I'm probably out of training for a month, he sez (he's a sports doc and a damn good one, so I'll take him at his word.)

Comment

Back from the doctor. Severe thoracic strain and maybe some torn cartilage in my ribs. Nothing too bad; a few days off work and some heavy drugs, a month or so of light duty. I'm probably out of training for a month, he sez (he's a sports doc and a damn good one, so I'll take him at his word.)
            i'd take his word for it, a month may seem like a long time but i've had lots of injuries, if u go back too soon u'll reinjure and then u're ****ed up for twice as much time waiting for it to heal
            ...u'll be hungry to box again when u heal

Comment

**** Fraidy has it been raining none stop in Seattle as well?

Comment

My work is in the foothills of the Cascade mountains. We've had 8 inches of rain in the past 48 hours. The new roof that we had put in last summer, leaks like a seive. Total cluster****. PArking lot flooded, roof drains clogged, ceiling tiles falling in on people, toilets backing up. And me, flat on my back at home in the middle of it all, stoned out of my mind on Vicodan. I'm the maintenance lead for the plant. Nice, huh?

Comment

Damn, well it could have been worse right? I tore some carilage in my lower ribs once. well sombody with a mean left hook tore it for me. Not a pleasant feeling. I couldn't breath deep. And if anybody tried to even touch it They got socked. My dumb ass tried to train a few days after. "not good"
                  Well enjoy the vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
                    i'd take his word for it, a month may seem like a long time but i've had lots of injuries, if u go back too soon u'll reinjure and then u're ****ed up for twice as much time waiting for it to heal
                    ...u'll be hungry to box again when u heal

I should have listened to the doctor... I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and he said no physical contact (especially boxing) for at least a week.. well, me thinking I'm tough enough went back the fourth day and got hit by a trainer. I got swollen like crazy.. went back to the oral surgein and he said I had three blood clots and a hairline fracture in my jaw.. I can't have any physical contacts for two months.. so, It has been a month and a week.. I know it is hurting me to not be able to spar once a week or have a trainer throw some swings at me to practice defense.. I learned my lesson.. But, I still have three weeks left..
                    Last edited by J_U_L_I_A_N; 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Working...
                    X