Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win in a Amir Khan-Lucas Matthyse fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

khan looks like he is filling out into 47 real well. and most importantly he is confident and feels good about making that weight class. if lucas cant knock him out i think khan wins an easy decision

Comment

Matthysse cleans his clock.

Khan wouldn't make it past the 5th.

Comment

khan by ko. oh wait i was the first one to pick that. thats shocking. khan came out to "i'm the man" last time out. you gonna go against "the man"?

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
          I really really really don't think Lucas would be good at 147. Classic case of power puncher going up to a division and losing his only advantage and thus being garbage.

Lucas doesn't even look big at 140. Khan fills out because of his frame and height.

I think Khan destroys Lucas at 140, and I don't think Lucas would be very successful at 147. Without his power, he doesn't really have much to beat the top fighters. And he would not land much on Khan anyway. Lucas ain't an inside fighter. From where Lucas throws his punches, Khan is dominante.
          Collazo and Julio Diaz hurt Khan so your not making any sense.

Comment

Khan outspeeds and outlands the slower and mechanical Mattyhsse to an easy decision.

Glass jaw or not.

Comment

It all depends which Khan shows up. If the gladiator khan appears then Matthysse would win it by brutal KO fashion. However, if the scientific boxer Khan shows up then he easily wins it going away by a lopsided UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                You mean like a Hagler-like chin right? Because Khan's defense is too poor. If Khan had a good chin, Matthysse still knocks him out.
                Wouldn't have to be granite, I think he gets hit less now he is with hunter. Just a chin good enough to take the counter left hooks he gets caught with too often like against Julio Diaz/Garcia and the uppercuts on the inside that he get hit with.

He has the jab, movement, skills and workrate to give anyone a incredibly tough fight he just lacks the chin to make up for his lapses in defence. Also I don't remember Collazo hurting Khan apart from the Low blow.
                Last edited by Ryn0; 01-21-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Khan (mostly uk) fans are delusional/

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Wouldn't have to be granite, I think he gets hit less now he is with hunter. Just a chin good enough to take the counter left hooks he gets caught with too often like against Julio Diaz/Garcia and the uppercuts on the inside that he get hit with.

He has the jab, movement, skills and workrate to give anyone a incredibly tough fight he just lacks the chin to make up for his lapses in defence. Also I don't remember Collazo hurting Khan apart from the Low blow.
                    And overhand rights, guess we'll have to wait until he faces another pressure fighter.

12:41

Comment

Tough to say. Khan can easily out box hi, but Lucas can easily ko him. I'd lean towards khan

Comment

Working...
                      X