• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Bruno - How good was his power

How good was Big Frank's punching Power

Very powerful.. Wasn't explosive like Tyson but Bruno could crack very hard

Comment

One of the very hardest punchers in history.

Comment

He punched hard but alot of guys did back then, Witherspoon, Coetzee, Bonecrusher and Weaver were all very hard punchers. Agree with me of not, if Bruno fought today he would probably be one of the hardest punchers.

Comment

If we are talking the sort of power that can be recorded on a PSI measuring device, then I think Bruno would be one of the heaviest punchers in history. I'm pretty sure a test was carried out in the 80s, and he came out top.

That said, having the power and actually finding the punch against world class opponents are two completely different things.......

Comment

His power was very respectable. Unfortunately, he was super slow along with that power. Tyson could hit him three times while he was winding up.

Comment

Definitely had one of the most powerful jabs (accurate, too) I've ever seen in the heavies. Never used it to its fullest extent, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                Definitely had one of the most powerful jabs (accurate, too) I've ever seen in the heavies. Never used it to its fullest extent, tho.
                he had very heavy hands with thudding power but like another poster said,,,he was very slow. if he had more velocity on his shots itd have really been scary

Comment

Enormous puncher. I reckon one of the very few hardest punchers in history. Outstanding left jab to go along with it. Poor Bruno was unfortunate to grow up in the era he did. In this cotton candy era, Bruno would probably be the undisputed HW champion.
                  Last edited by KnockoutNed; 03-27-2015, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                    Enormous puncher. I reckon one of the very few hardest punchers in history. Outstanding left jab to go along with it. Poor Bruno was unfortunate to grow up in the era he did. In this cotton candy era, Bruno would probably be the undisputed HW champion.
                    Bruno actually was muscle bound to a point where it may have impacted his speed. I think people overuse this theory of muscleboundness but in Brunos case it might apply. But what could he do? He was naturally built strong and mesomorphic.

Comment

Working...
                    X