Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trainer Percentage of Purse??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also i was wondering... cant i make somewhat of a career out of fighting amatuer?? I dont like being pressured by this guy, i havent been in to the gym since tuesday because i got sick... he needs to disinfect his gym cause i keep getting sick after leaving there!!! I think i might just tell him look i just want to fight amatuer and see how that goes, and yeah i googled what a trainer should get and it seems to be 10% across the board so now i dont trust him!!!

Comment

At your age

you don't want to fight amateur too long. Get a lot of sparring in against the best sparring partners you can find. Then, if you want, turn pro with a real trainer. See how you do in the amateurs first. Everyone develops differently.

Comment

For sure, sounds like some good advice, now only if i could get my hands on whatever supplements pacman takes!! lol syke nah but i have been into bodybuilding since i was like 15 so i know a fair amount about running different supplements, but what i learned quick is that boxing training is a whole other animal when it comes to training, bodybuilding in the gym is a joke in comparison, its hard work to get up to heavy weight and everything but its just completley different!!!

Comment

Rowanbid, maybe your trainer thinks you have the potential to be the next Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by barfly12 View Post
            you don't want to fight amateur too long. Get a lot of sparring in against the best sparring partners you can find. Then, if you want, turn pro with a real trainer. See how you do in the amateurs first. Everyone develops differently.
            Who said fighting in the amateurs too long is bad?

Kostya Tszyu had over 200 amateur fights

Pernell Whittaker also had over 200 amateur fights

And I wouldn't say anything bad about either of them

Comment

Originally posted by Baptist View Post
              Who said fighting in the amateurs too long is bad?

Kostya Tszyu had over 200 amateur fights

Pernell Whittaker also had over 200 amateur fights

And I wouldn't say anything bad about either of them
              Yeah, they started boxing at age 10 probably. This cats 28 yrs old. He just doesn't have much time to waste.

But I agree that a good/solid amatuer background would help a ton.

If he trained his ass off and fought as often as possible in the amatuers 2 years in the ams might prepare him for some beginning pros. Then just see how that goes............Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X