No announcement yet.

Power walking - has anybody tried it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power walking - has anybody tried it?

My overweight cousin says an hour of power walking has more health benefits than a half hour jog.

Is there any truth to this?

I've never tried it.

Its easier on the joints, i think bernard hopkins power walks. They both great for your health. If you power walk do it on a treadmill on an incline with long strides for like 45 minutes to an hour each day everyday but rest on sunday. You will burn fat, and your health will improve.

I dont do much jogging anymore since my knees were hurting from too much running, so im doing more powerwalking on the treadmill it gets a good sweat going but cardio is boring on the treadmill, its easier and more motivating to jog outdoors because it gives you scenery and an actual destination to go to, treadmill is all mental.

Comment

Dang both Hectari & I agree on power walking! Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Dang both Hectari & I agree on power walking! Wtf?
        Do you do it on the outdoors or on a treadmill on incline?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Do you do it on the outdoors or on a treadmill on incline?
          Hills and roads with Jhonny. No treadmill!

Comment

Walking is the single greatest exercise. Anyone that desires to be physically fit needs to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Walking is the single greatest exercise. Anyone that desires to be physically fit needs to walk.
              its why alot of those japs and asians live so long, I see them walking every day, the old asian people love walking and gardening.

Ill say this power walking is great you feel fresh and energized, give it time and you will see the health benefits such as fat loss and positive mindset. gets you in a positive mood.

Its weird after working out I take a nice shower and I feel like a new person. I heard working out releases some chemicals in your brain that make you happy or give you a euphoria feeling.

Comment

Slightly related... I just did a pretty long walk over the course of July - 30 nights, carrying 20kg (give or take) in a rucksack, averaging 15-20miles a day. My cardio has gone through the roof!! And leg strength feels phenomenal. I'm thinking about incorporating a weekly weighted walk into my training routine because of it. However, must say that upper body strength has declined somewhat after 30 days of neglect. But yeah, for core strength- weighted walks are awesome I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  its why alot of those japs and asians live so long, I see them walking every day, the old asian people love walking and gardening.

Ill say this power walking is great you feel fresh and energized, give it time and you will see the health benefits such as fat loss and positive mindset. gets you in a positive mood.

Its weird after working out I take a nice shower and I feel like a new person. I heard working out releases some chemicals in your brain that make you happy or give you a euphoria feeling.
                  Yeah in my grandfather's 78 almost 79 years of life he never went once to the doctor until 6 weeks before he died of cancer. He walked everywhere during his life and never owned a car sometimes walking 10 miles one way! I'd like to think that had he gone to the doctor for annual check up's he'd have lived at least 10-20 more years. bless his soul.

As for working out I have seen a lot of things that say it does make you happier. I know I for one feel more up beat after working out. It's sitting around that gets me depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                    Yeah in my grandfather's 78 almost 79 years of life he never went once to the doctor until 6 weeks before he died of cancer. He walked everywhere during his life and never owned a car sometimes walking 10 miles one way! I'd like to think that had he gone to the doctor for annual check up's he'd have lived at least 10-20 more years. bless his soul.

As for working out I have seen a lot of things that say it does make you happier. I know I for one feel more up beat after working out. It's sitting around that gets me depressed.
                    Man when I work out hit weights or jog, sweat take a shower I feel like a new guy its weird. I feel happy.

I love it. Im trying to get in more shape and eat better

Comment

Working...
                    X