Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Klitschko Does NOT Deserve Shot at WBA Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And who is Flanagan fighting next? Fana was so deserving. Frank is talking out of both sides of his neck.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      If Wlad said yes to the 4 man tourney he would have fought Andy Ruiz & the winner would face Parker/Haye. He would of got the better end of the draw but would still have to go through Parker or Haye again to get the belt. So with no Wlad involved Parker/Ruiz was made & winner fights Haye. No matter where Wlad looks he may have to fight a top HW. Haye is a solid 227-230lbs HW now not the blown up CW he was 5 years ago. Parker is a young lion & so is Joshua. These guys can all punch & end it quickly. Fury is a awkward & a big tactician who uses faints, both stances, head movement, etc but he doesn't have big power. Ortiz looks to have big power & an ability to both box & brawl. Wilder is another guy who can't be forgotten. There is a pretty good landscape of HW threats to a 40 year old Klitschko. Fighting Browne just doesn't have the same luster...
      You complain of lack of luster but Klitschko isn't attempting to please you, he's attempting to get his belts back hence the delay to the IBF title crack, not a scrapping of an IBF tile tilt a mere delay to pick up the WBA belt. The WBO and WBC will next after he has collected the first two. Only the title fights now at whatever cost, Klitschko knows he hasn't long left.

A fight versus Browne tells us where Klitschko is at, if he lost to Joshua without first facing Browne we'd have no idea how to rate Joshua should he have beaten Klitschko since his last two poor displays, you're right he looked to be jaded since Pulev. Let the guy face Browne so we can ascertain how much he has left.

Comment

He ain't fighting Joshua next summer. He is #2 in the WBA & WBO. He wants a title. Joshua offered up the IBF & a massive payday. He said no. He was in line to fight Parker for the vacant WBO belt as the #2 contender. He said no so they gave the shot to Ruiz as the #3. Browne is not the #1 or #2 in the WBA. He is the #5 behind Ortiz, Klitschko, Ustinov & Oquendo. Klitschko should be fighting Ortiz for the vacant WBA not Lucas Browne. He is simply trying to get a belt without beating the top guys. He is done & should just hang it up. He's had a great career, made lots of money & is going to the hall of fame but what he is doing here is pretty weak. Everyone sees it but Klitschko fans. He is trying to take the path of least resistance. He hasn't looked good since the pulev fight. He is still in great shape but doesn't look like he can pull the trigger anymore. He is over 40 now & there are some serious young gun HWs who may be able to take him out. Fury doesn't have big power but Wilder, Parker & Joshua do. Ortiz is 37 but a serious threat to him too but yet he feels he should be able to fight Browne for a vacant belt when Ortiz is ranked higher than both he & Browne. It's a clear duck of a tough fight. He wants to retire a champion. He has no intention of fighting Wilder, Joshua, Parker or Ortiz. You are a smart guy you should be able to see this.
        Exactly this. It's a clear BS move from Wladimir.

Comment

Klitschko was the champ for many years so I think fighting for one of the newly vacated titles is legit. Who else out there deserves it more than Wlad?

Comment

If Wlad said yes to the 4 man tourney he would have fought Andy Ruiz & the winner would face Parker/Haye. He would of got the better end of the draw but would still have to go through Parker or Haye again to get the belt. So with no Wlad involved Parker/Ruiz was made & winner fights Haye. No matter where Wlad looks he may have to fight a top HW. Haye is a solid 227-230lbs HW now not the blown up CW he was 5 years ago. Parker is a young lion & so is Joshua. These guys can all punch & end it quickly. Fury is a awkward & a big tactician who uses faints, both stances, head movement, etc but he doesn't have big power. Ortiz looks to have big power & an ability to both box & brawl. Wilder is another guy who can't be forgotten. There is a pretty good landscape of HW threats to a 40 year old Klitschko. Fighting Browne just doesn't have the same luster...
            I agree this fight doesn't have the same potential but C'mon man.. Stop bigging mediocre guys up because they are in top 10.. Parker will be a one sided fight if not stopped by Wlad, he defeated a well in prime and more fluid Haye and this version suits even better.. AJ stylistically not a problem at all and I am rooting for Wlad to win that fight when it happens.. Fury isn't someone who matches up well with any HW..

Comment

Frank is a ****ing hater...

Wlad is clearly the best option for a vacant belt vs another top guy..

To think a decade reigning kingpin isnt a top contender just because he finally lost is absurd

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                I agree this fight doesn't have the same potential but C'mon man.. Stop bigging mediocre guys up because they are in top 10.. Parker will be a one sided fight if not stopped by Wlad, he defeated a well in prime and more fluid Haye and this version suits even better.. AJ stylistically not a problem at all and I am rooting for Wlad to win that fight when it happens.. Fury isn't someone who matches up well with any HW..
                Wlad is a hall of famer without question but he looks done to me. The Pulev fight was an awesome display & I had high hopes for a few blockbusters after. Age & becoming a father may have zapped some of his motivation. I first said this when he beat Jennings. It was the first time in a decade he looked vulnerable. Then the Fury fight happened. I don't think he can pull the trigger anymore. How many fights does he have left on that German TV contract? I think he is done & he knows it. I believe if he were to fight Browne for the vacant title & won he would retire. He doesn't need the money. He is no Tyson & Holyfield with his spending so why not call it a day while he still has all his marbles? One punch could change everything. He is in great shape in his 40s but so was Holyfield. The mind says you can do it but that doesn't mean the body can. I think he is done & that is just my opinion. I would love to see him prove me wrong & clean out Parker, Ortiz, Fury, Wilder & Joshua to end his career. We had a chance to see Klitschko/Joshua by years end. It would of made up for us losing out on Wilder/Povetkin & Fury/Klitschko. It's very disappointing...

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  I have no problem with Wlad fighting for the WBA title, after all he did hold them and was about to fight for them in a rematch which hasn't happened.

Anthony Joshua on the other hand does not deserve to step over everybody else in the rankings and fight for it, even though i'd like to see Joshua v Wlad.
                  Well said. It's a bit of a conundrum, as Wlad has the right to a title shot as much as anyone, and I do want to see Wlad/AJ.

However, AJ doesn't deserve a shot at anything else yet. For all the gasbagging people do on here, AJ has fought no one, and bought the belt he has. The only thing missing from the AJ/Martin contract was specifying what round Martin would complete his cash out.

Comment

Ortiz-Klitschko for the WBA championship is more legit than any match involving Ustinov or Browne. A fight against AJ would have been fine too.

Comment

Warren looks ******ed for saying this. You can dog Klitschko about plenty of things, but him not deserving a title shot isn't one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X