Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Admits: Golovkin is Too Big, Strong For My Son!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Nothing to look into. Mayweather was not a big welterweight and it's common knowledge.
    Yep, like I said 151 lbs was his highest fight night weight for a 154 lb fight, Floyd just does not carry that much weight on his frame, did the guy you posted just pick that **** up off of some other dumbazz on this site? Maybe he just started watching boxing.

Comment

Nothing to look into. Mayweather was not a big welterweight and it's common knowledge.
      This is the heights of the WW top ten:

1) Pacquiao - 5'5.5"
      2) Thurman - 5'7.5"
      3) Garcia - 5'8.0"
      4) Porter - 5'7"
      5) Brook - 5'9"
      6) Bradley - 5'6"
      7) Spence - 5'9.5"
      8) Vargas - 5'10"
      9) Peterson - 5'9"
      10) Orozco - 5'7"

Floyd is 5'8" and has fought at WW or above for over ten years.

He won his first WW title against Judah, who was shorter than him.

He's definitely an above average WW.

The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

1) Pacquiao - 5'5.5"
        2) Thurman - 5'7.5"
        3) Garcia - 5'8.0"
        4) Porter - 5'7"
        5) Brook - 5'9"
        6) Bradley - 5'6"
        7) Spence - 5'9.5"
        8) Vargas - 5'10"
        9) Peterson - 5'9"
        10) Orozco - 5'7"

The end.
        Did you really just use height as an explanation as to why Floyd is bigger than the average WW? Using this logic Canelo is smaller than the average JMW

Comment

• Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
          Did you really just use height as an explanation as to why Floyd is bigger than the average WW? Using this logic Canelo is smaller than the average JMW
          You might notice more to that in my explanation.....I.E. Being at the weight for over ten years and the beating Judah for the title thing. Yes, height and age (filling out, etc.) does play a part in this whether you realize it or not.

Example: Delahoya is 5'10.5" and was able to get up to 160 and have success.
          Same for Ray Leonard. Height is relative here. It's common physics.

Comment

You might notice more to that in my explanation.....I.E. Being at the weight for over ten years and the beating Judah for the title thing. Yes, height and age (filling out, etc.) does play a part in this whether you realize it or not.

Example: Delahoya is 5'10.5" and was able to get up to 160 and have success.
            Same for Ray Leonard. Height is relative here. It's common physics.
            Well not really, as you've listed 10 fighters there, and he's shorter than 4 of them, the same height as 2 of them, and taller than 4 of them. So that logically puts him smack bang in the middle.

Next you'll be saying Crawford should be fighting at 160.

Comment

1) Pacquiao - 5'5.5"
              2) Thurman - 5'7.5"
              3) Garcia - 5'8.0"
              4) Porter - 5'7"
              5) Brook - 5'9"
              6) Bradley - 5'6"
              7) Spence - 5'9.5"
              8) Vargas - 5'10"
              9) Peterson - 5'9"
              10) Orozco - 5'7"

The end.

The fact that you're using height to determine who's bigger removes any doubt about how stupid you are. Diego Corrales was taller than Mike Tyson. Judging by your asinine logic he was bigger than Tyson.

The end.

Comment

The fact that you're using height to determine who's bigger removes any doubt about how stupid you are. Diego Corrales was taller than Mike Tyson. Judging by your asinine logic he was bigger than Tyson.

The end.
                This ^^^^^^^

Comment

The end.
                  I thought that the height aspect would be one side of the 'size' factor you may not have considered being that Floyd has fought several times at 154 comfortably and has been at 147 and up for a decade. That kind of goes without saying since his mass obviously carried up with age a long time ago. He was a giant light weight, a very big jr. Ww and a good sized and above average ww. That's been proven in my prior posts. It's common knowledge that the majority of fighters move up in weight naturally as they age. I get that you chose to defend Floyds size and in fact take it a lot farther than it needed to go in an effort to somehow glorify his accomplishments through his size but it's pretty apparent you agree with Floyd sr. You agree because you know Floyd would f@cked up by GGG and wont fight him but was willing to fight the current lineal MW champ with no problem. There's you some reality, a55hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                    Well not really, as you've listed 10 fighters there, and he's shorter than 4 of them, the same height as 2 of them, and taller than 4 of them. So that logically puts him smack bang in the middle.

Next you'll be saying Crawford should be fighting at 160.
                    Not that it matters but Floyd is taller than 5 on that list of ten, shorter than 4 and the same height as 1. At least get the facts right if you're going to debate me.

That would make Floyd a little above average based on heights alone.

But as I said, my reasoning on his size was not only based on height even though a lot of Floyds best wins came against shorter, smaller fighters.

Comment

I thought that the height aspect would be one side of the 'size' factor you may not have considered being that Floyd has fought several times at 154 comfortably and has been at 147 and up for a decade. That kind of goes without saying since his mass obviously carried up with age a long time ago. He was a giant light weight, a very big jr. Ww and a good sized and above average ww. That's been proven in my prior posts. It's common knowledge that the majority of fighters move up in weight naturally as they age. I get that you chose to defend Floyds size and in fact take it a lot farther than it needed to go in an effort to somehow glorify his accomplishments through his size but it's pretty apparent you agree with Floyd sr. You agree because you know Floyd would f@cked up by GGG and wont fight him but was willing to fight the current lineal MW champ with no problem. There's you some reality, a55hole.
                      It's not. Height has nothing to do with it at all. You brought it up because you have nothing to support anything that you're trying to prove. That only confirms how dumb you are and always have been on this site. That's the true reality.

End of story.

Comment

Working...
                      X