No announcement yet.

Arms tiring first whilst skipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms tiring first whilst skipping

Basically my cardio is pretty poor, so to change that I skip as much as I can and will soon start running again.

But the problem is when I skip, I can go for a fairly long time but my arms will tire before Im completely out of breath, and although I know my cardio has improved recently Im worried that its not improving enough because I dont get massively out of breath, say compared to running where your lungs feel like they are burning.

So I know that with time my arms and shoulders wont get tired so quick, but Im just wondering just how much good is skipping doing my cardio even if I never fully get out of breath?

I think maybe your using your arms instead of letting your wrist do the work. It's all in the flick of the wrist. try and make your "circles" with your wrist, tighter. The larger the circles, the more you'll use your arms. On the cardio....always remember this....

3 minutes on the ropes is like 1/2 hour running. Maybe not so much as calories burned, but the heart rate (cardio) is identical.

Comment

Nah man I use the wrists to turn the rope but even so my upper arms stil tire quite quickly, I may have to look into that a bit more though, I pretty sure I've got the technique down but next time I have a session I'll look more closely.

Why is it that my heart rate never seems to be really high? When I go for a run my heart will be beating like a beast and my lungs will be hurting. If I skip for 3 minutes straight I can feel my heart going, but nothing like the intensity of after a run?

Comment

dude, it's that's what happening, then there is no problem! You have a gift!!! If it were me, I'd do my rope skipping at the "end" of my routine, as a way to "cool down", like after my road work.

Comment

For the dear love of the holy mother of God!!!!!

Your arms are tired from skipping, What the flying fk do you think skipping is for! why for Jimminery Jiverers do lots of boxers use heavy leather ropes???

Your sore pencil dick arms are getting tired?? well boo bloody hoo.

In my day we would chop wood all day, run to the boxing gym and skip with heavy oiled oxen leather ropes.

You know your arms are tired, well thats good it means it is working!

do more skipping, heavy bagwork, chop the tire, shadowbox with dumbells, and then pull that bloody tampon out your panties!

Comment

Originally posted by potatos
            For the dear love of the holy mother of God!!!!!

Your arms are tired from skipping, What the flying fk do you think skipping is for! why for Jimminery Jiverers do lots of boxers use heavy leather ropes???

Your sore pencil dick arms are getting tired?? well boo bloody hoo.

In my day we would chop wood all day, run to the boxing gym and skip with heavy oiled oxen leather ropes.

You know your arms are tired, well thats good it means it is working!

do more skipping, heavy bagwork, chop the tire, shadowbox with dumbells, and then pull that bloody tampon out your panties!
            Lol cheers for that, but I wasnt complaining about my arms tiring I was wondering more about the quality of cardio work im getting out of skipping.

Comment

You need a new pair of arms and lungs, you ****ing poofter!

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                Lol cheers for that, but I wasnt complaining about my arms tiring I was wondering more about the quality of cardio work im getting out of skipping.
                Dont do half ass skipping, do 1 minute slow, 30seconds fast, double jumps if ya can do it, if you do skipping slow you wont get much benefit at all, hell anyone decent at it could just about fall asleep skipping if you do it relaxed and slow.
                Run uphill fast, do sprints, run or ride a bike to the gym.

Comment

Stop Flailing your arms, Richard.

Comment

3 minutes on the ropes is like 1/2 hour running. Maybe not so much as calories burned, but the heart rate (cardio) is identical.
                    thats pretty stupid..

Comment

Working...
                    X