Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The overhand right doesnt work if you slip from the waist right.....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The overhand right doesnt work if you slip from the waist right.....?

Ok if you throw an overhand right and slip from the waist it wont be powerful because you mess up the kinetic linking by bending at the waist.

If you bend at the hips however you cant bend to the side or forward out of the way of a punch and it will not affect the kinetic linking, and the punch is still powerful.

Is that right, when boxers are slipping its all from the hips and not the waist correct?

I saw Tyson slip from what looked like the waist as he did an overhand and the overhand was very powerful, maybe he slipped form the hips and I mistook that side to side motion as slipping from the waist?

If I understand your question, what I imagine is that you are talking about firing with your feet planted and bending only at the waist. So, although it is hard for me to diagnose only from your description, it sounds like you are not rooted in base. Balance is the most important thing in throwing with power. Try bending your knee and half stepping outside on the ball of your foot when firing. Everything from the legs, otherwise it's just arm power.

Comment

Working...
    X