I Figured Out How To Get More People To Watch The Cubans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I say they needs some contests or giveaways~

Put 10 grand up in the rafters and when the Cuban guy wins have him pull a velvet rope dropping the money on the crowd, plus probably another 10 grand to give away to the viewing audience like giving out a code to each HBO subscription or however then giving out the code at some random point (probably toward the end) during the fight (so they have to watch).

You can't buy better marketing for 20 grand~
    That's not a bad idea.

I would buy a ticket, I mean it would be me and 7 other guys getting tickets

I wonder why people nobody has said anything about Caveman Chavez, I guess his fans aren't so vocal.

Comment

They should have a special limited edition bottle of NyQuil with Guillermo Rigondeaux, Erislandy Lara, and Richar Abril on the packaging. And give every fan a bottle of it upon entering the venue for their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
        The way I see it is you don't see Miguel Vazquez talking all this s**t about his promoter and the whole evil world conspiring against him like Rigo and Lara do.

I mean it ain't no coincidence that Rigo did the lowest ratings of all time for a HBO BAD show, and Lara did the lowest ratings on Showtime's 12/7/13 show. And not to mention that everyone walked out and left during Rigo vs. Agbeko.

If Rigo and Lara just do what they do like Vazquez, and shut the f**k up, I'd have no problem with them.
        You not only a hater but a liar, the ppl went to see the kid from Philly that night and after the kirkland demolition they left the arena early, you never say anything nice about any Cuban fighter because you can put the best mexican fighter in the ring with a Rigondeaux, Lara, Gamboa, Rances etc... and he will be demolish it...
        Last edited by BendOver; 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
          You not only a hater but a liar, the ppl went to see the kid from Philly that night and after the kirkland demolition they left the arena early, you never say anything nice about any Cuban fighter because you can put the best mexican fighter in the ring with a Rigondeaux, Lara, Gamboa, Rances etc... and he will be demolished...
          just like lara demolished molina

or casamayor demolished castillo
          (or marquez for that matter)

quit generalizing bro, ur whats wrong with boxing.

Comment

Let them Hate as long as we dominate, que pinga eh

Comment

sure are alot of upset texans and californians in here

Comment

It's just not a fan friendly style. It's appreciated mainly in retrospect. It's understood. It's just boring.

You don't have to be a boxing buff to appreciate the art of hit and not be hit. Score points and win rounds. Everybody comprehends what they are doing. It's not like there's a small group of you guys who have some type of information over the rest of us because you love the way they fight.

It's just BORING TO WATCH. Black and white..,

Comment

Also you might add "well it's not boring to Me." Well there is always a minority. If you fall into this category it's bit because your superior to any casual fan. It just means you're in the minority on this topic.

Comment

With all respect to Cubans because it has nothing to do with nationality, I like and respect Cuban people BUT Cuban BOXING is just horrendous to watch. It is truly disgusting in my eyes. That is the feeling I get whenever I catch a round or two, disgusted.

The ONLY Cuban fighter I could stand back in 2008 was Gamboa when he was a little monster, not so much anymore.

I just skip the fights, the last time I saw a Cuban fight in the last 5 years was because of Nonito when he fought Rigondeaux.

Comment

It has nothing to do with Cuban boxing its a style clash. You put two pure boxers together, two counterpunchers the chances are its going to be a chessmatch 9 time out of 10.

Cuban boxing is the purest, cleanest most beautiful too watch. If you want them to excite then stop putting them in with stinkers and serial clinchers like Carlos Molina.

You want Rigondeaux to excite feed Kiko, Frampton, Cruz too him.
                      You want Lara to excite don't match him with guys like Molina, Trout, Ishe Smith
                      its that simple.

The fluidity, balance, precision these guys possess is extraordinary. Rigondeaux is like a damn cobra. The guys accuracy is scary. Everything is pinpoint, he never wastes a shot.
                      Give me guys like Lara, Hernandez, Abril, Gamboa, Rigondeaux over these uncoordinated so called great fighters any day. Most of them couldn't box a lick.

Comment

Working...
                      X