No announcement yet.

Reasons to like and not to like Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    #1 reason to "dislike" Trinidad IMO, he didn't truly live up to his potential, and failed a bit down the stretch.
    WTF since when was Trinidad's potential a great middleweight? Oh and like 95% of great fighters fail down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      I didn't mean lose in the same exact terms I just meant dominated and that is what would happen to Emile Griffin or any other welterweight
      What you said was "No welterweight in the history of boxing could of done any better against Hopkins in their 2nd fight ever at middleweight". I believe Griffith would do better than Tito, and that is what I was responding to. What about Robinson? Would he fare just as badly as Trinidad?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        What you said was "No welterweight in the history of boxing could of done any better against Hopkins in their 2nd fight ever at middleweight". I believe Griffith would do better than Tito, and that is what I was responding to. What about Robinson? Would he fare just as badly as Trinidad?
        When I was a kid, and questions like this came up in my mind or between friends, I'd (we'd) just play the fight out in Title Bout, still the greatest boxing simulation game there ever was. I spent my youth flipping cards in classic "what-if?" match-ups...

Comment

When I was a kid, and questions like this came up in my mind or between friends, I'd (we'd) just play the fight out in Title Bout, still the greatest boxing simulation game there ever was. I spent my youth flipping cards in classic "what-if?" match-ups...

Can you use that with welterweights against middleweights or fighters at certain points or particular fights in their careers?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Can you use that with welterweights against middleweights or fighters at certain points or particular fights in their careers?
            Yes, there was a modifier for going up and/or down in weight and there were some different versions of fighters as they changed weights, so it was pretty unlimited what you could do with the game. It wasn't perfect but it was really good, it took a lot into account, and was great fun. Keep in mind, the game came out in 1979 (I was 9 and the first edition I had came with the first version of the player cards) and as the years went on there were updates, and newer/more fighters added. When they finally issued a Tyson card, I was thrilled...

Comment

Yes, there was a modifier for going up and/or down in weight and there were some different versions of fighters as they changed weights, so it was pretty unlimited what you could do with the game. It wasn't perfect but it was really good, it took a lot into account, and was great fun. Keep in mind, the game came out in 1979 (I was 9 and the first edition I had came with the first version of the player cards) and as the years went on there were updates, and newer/more fighters added. When they finally issued a Tyson card, I was thrilled...

Sounds pretty cool. I know Poet has a fight simulator and has often posted results on here. They're of course not carved in stone, but its hard to think of a computer as being biased in any way.

Comment

Whats not to like! In his prime this guy was a machine! Tito ALWAYS Brought It! That Left Hook was truely a thing of Beauty and oh so devastating, one of the most vicious shots the game has ever known. He knew how to finish his man - to the head down to the body back to the head and with laser accuracy too. He brought an unmatched Passion and excitement to the ring with him, his chin was shaky but that merely added to his excitement factor and he Always got back up on his feet Every damn time. And until later in his career against bigger men and once imo he was past his best (fell in love with his own power) it usually meant Game Over when Tito went down - FOR THE OTHER GUY! His body shots are highly under rated today, he didnt throw too many towards the end tho to be fair. Bottom Line Tito took on and beat many top fighters of his day won titles in 3 divisions and provided us with a ton of action - Quality Value for money fighter and one of my all time favs

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  WTF since when was Trinidad's potential a great middleweight? Oh and like 95% of great fighters fail down the stretch.
                  Lol, u tool, Griffith ****es all over Trinidad! He was a top 50 ATG. Trinidad isn't. I actually rank Emile among top 25 ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                    Lol, u tool, Griffith ****es all over Trinidad! He was a top 50 ATG. Trinidad isn't. I actually rank Emile among top 25 ATGs.
                    I rate him way higher than Felix too But would u favour him over Nard at MW?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I rate him way higher than Felix too But would u favour him over Nard at MW?
                      I probably wouldn't favor him, but I believe he would do a whole lot better than Tito did in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X