Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever suffered VERY bad sunburn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I feel your pain. I went out with no suncream on one summer and got burnt to a crisp, especially the inside of my arms where it bends. I remember idiotically jumping into the shower and screaming like a little girl no joke and no shame admitting it, I screamed like a b*tch!
    Yeah mate haha the burns at the 'bends' such as at the armpit or forearm and lower bicep are a killer...I basically still can't lift my arms fully without pain because it feels like i'm pulling the skin there. Going to be interesting to see how these blisters develop...I'm still pretty much the same colour I was with the burns but the pain is slightly less now and I have more mobility. I estimate this will last another 2 weeks or so before full recovery. How long did it take for you?

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Yeah mate haha the burns at the 'bends' such as at the armpit or forearm and lower bicep are a killer...I basically still can't lift my arms fully without pain because it feels like i'm pulling the skin there. Going to be interesting to see how these blisters develop...I'm still pretty much the same colour I was with the burns but the pain is slightly less now and I have more mobility. I estimate this will last another 2 weeks or so before full recovery. How long did it take for you?

The lower bicep area where it meets the forearm is what got me, everytime I'd bend my pain I'd grimace.
      I can't remember but I think about 4-5 days it took before it was bearable. It was more the initial swelling/burn that wouldn't allow me to bend my joints properly that stung bad.

Vitamin E is supposed to be good and cold cucumber will help sooth it

Comment

Have you tried deep heat cream???

Least your user name is quiet fitting

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post

LOOOL didn't realise that till now...yeah it actually is xD.

Anyways it's almost 3am here so I'm gonna head to sleep.

But I will say one thing...I will recover from this and have vengeance on the Sun for ruining my holiday. Oh yeah, Sun, I got a rematch clause mofo. PED/Radiation level testing this time. Sun cream allowed. No peak hours. TAKE THE TEST

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            The lower bicep area where it meets the forearm is what got me, everytime I'd bend my pain I'd grimace.
            I can't remember but I think about 4-5 days it took before it was bearable. It was more the initial swelling/burn that wouldn't allow me to bend my joints properly that stung bad.

Vitamin E is supposed to be good and cold cucumber will help sooth it
            This is my situation exactly. The swelling has gone down now or is in the process of, and after those initial days it's becoming easier to move the joints and in general but still, the pain is there when I touch the skin and particularly the shoulders are still raw and sensitive as hell, now with the blisters...it's a waiting game. But sleep is a healer and that's what I'm going to do now...tomorrow is my final day and got a lot of **** to do and sort out.

Gotta pick up a souvenir or three for three different girls that I got dates with hahaha...actually f#ck that only 1 of them asked for 1 and i'm thinking I'll just give it to the 1 I like more hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post

Hahaha made me howl

Comment

You're lucky you didn't get the itch, most agonising experience of my life

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wh...g-itch-torture

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

Never heard of this before. Is the article accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

Unlucky mate, haha.

As for my case - it's pretty frustrating at the moment to say the least. I'm simultaneously peeling while also having blisters so I am peeling off skin where the skin underneath isn't healed yet. That is leading to parts of my body being different colours, and I have these small crater type blisters all over my arms which if I peel leave light scar type marks, which I strongly hope will fade...this elephant man look isn't ****ing great though, and i'm getting frustrated of having to wear long sleeved shirts and jeans in 30 degree weather here!

Comment

Freakin Euros. . . You guys get one day of sunlight a year and this is what happens. . . .

But on the real dude take care of it cause that **** is a pain in the a $$. Kind of like a headache, it doesn't hurt but you can't stand that pain in the long run

Comment

Working...
                      X