Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez Shakes Head, Says Golovkin Being a Hypocrite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Rofl. That's an absolute lie. His trainer said that Chad looked awful, and that was the last time they worked with each other.

Link

So yeah, he said he would go down to 168, and when he tried to negotiate it, Ward said no. So Dawson was stuck and had to do make 168. He literally screwed up his career with that one move. It was his fault, but lets not pretend Dawson was in top shape for that fight.
    Sorry but that was after the fight. Leading up to it they had a whole different story.

http://www.si.com/boxing/counter-pun...168-no-problem
    Last edited by JAB5239; 07-23-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      My statement was 100% factual. The last time Canelo fought at junior middleweight was against Mayweather. That's a fact. All of his fights since then were at middleweight. Most importantly of all, Canelo was and is lineal middleweight champion of the world. Further, Golovkin was mandatory to the WBC middleweight belt that Canelo proudly wore on waist before dropping it.

If you want to bring up "155 doe" that my friend is middleweight. A catch-weight inside of the middleweight division. That's a fact. We can go further - Canelo negotiated an extension with Golovkin so he can take one more fight, which of course he chose Khan. The agreement was he was to fight Golovkin after the extension. He agreed to that. If he didn't want to, he could have dropped his belt then and there instead of leading everyone on and wasting everyone's time. But why stop there, let's go even further - after his brutal KO of Khan, in the post fight press conference, he said and I quote, "Weight is not an issue. I'll fight Golovkin next at 160 pounds". Of course the only thing he did next was dropping the belt, and is now fighting Smith at 154, but wait there's more! they openly admit Canelo will fight at 160 poinds immediately after Smith!

So before you tell someone "get your weights right" you better have your own facts straight.
      Canelo and James Kirkland both came in at 154.5 a while back and was credited as a jr. middleweight fight. He never left the division, 160 is middleweight.

Comment

So if they dont get BJS by mid point next year their gonna move up to 168? Well that would defeat the purpose of collecting ALL the belts...

oh and NOT FIGHTING a guy doesnt count towards someones resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          The GGG haters will keep parroting the bs talking points, and morons like Zurdo and Ward will complain...
          Yes, everyone that points out Lil G's hypocrisy must be a "hater" or a moron.

Only the GGG jizz slurpers can be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            The GGG haters will keep parroting the bs talking points, and morons like Zurdo and Ward will complain about GGG fighting smaller guys while at the same time trying to fight the smaller GGG.

Zurdo looks like a damn LHW in the ring, and next to GGG you can see a huge size difference.

If I'm GGG I tell Zurdo to kick rocks and make his name somewhere else.
            Of course you would because Golovkin uses White privilege to fight smaller men while refusing to fight good middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
              Canelo and James Kirkland both came in at 154.5 a while back and was credited as a jr. middleweight fight. He never left the division, 160 is middleweight.
              The fight with Kirkland was a catch-weight of 155 pounds.

If he never left 154 like you claim, then how the **** do you explain him being the current lineal middleweight champion, the previous WBC middleweight champion with a middleweight title defense against Amir Khan? He was ranked as a middleweight up until he decided to drop the belt and announce his fight with Smith at 154.

Still, with that said, you ignore the most important parts of my post, which was Canelo agreed to fight Golovkin after an extension that he requested. He could have instead dropped the WBC belt immediately after beating Cotto, buy he chose to agree to fight Golovkin after an extension and he chose to defend that middleweight title against Amir Khan. He then stated "weight is not an issue. I'll fight Golovkin at 160". He led everyone on- his fans, Golovkin and the WBC.

At the end of the day, Canelo pulled a blatant duck. There really is no defending what he did any way you try to spin it, the ~174 pound in the ring ginger is even planning on fighting at 160 next after Smith, just not against Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Sorry but that was after the fight. Leading up to it they had a whole different story.

http://www.si.com/boxing/counter-pun...168-no-problem
                Well of course Dawson isn't going to say "I'm struggling big time making weight! before the fight. Fighter's almost never say something negative about their camp leading into the fight, we see that ALL the time whether it's losing weight, some sort of injury or getting busted up in sparring, etc. It's just not viewed as a good mind set to admit to problems/concerns going into a fight.

John Scully is an honest dude and he's gone into great detail about the weight loss and how poorly Dawson shed off the weight and how difficult it was. He has no reason to lie either since he's not training Dawson anymore since Dawson changes trainers like he does underwear. He said his strength and conditioning coach had him running 5 miles a day at least for 6 days a week when he entered camp at about 183 pounds and that the weight wasn't coming off. He said the day before the weigh in Dawson was exactly 175 pounds, so he couldn't eat or drink at all and spent hours in the sauna and running on the treadmill all that day and into the night and then again the day of the weigh in. It definitely wasn't healthy and I think it was pretty damn apparent Dawson was weakened as a result, especially watching his legs and how shaky they were the whole fight.

That's not Ward's problem though, Ward was there to do his job and Dawson signed to fight at 168 so that's 100% on Chad. He did however try to negotiate a catch-weight with Ward and Ward didn't agree, that much is true. It was a dumb decision by Dawson that really did **** up his career.
                Last edited by ИATAS; 07-23-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  Of course you would because Golovkin uses White privilege to fight smaller men while refusing to fight good middleweights.
                  @ white privilege! You make a ton of incredibly stupid posts but this might top them all.

Which good middleweight did Golovkin refuse to fight again? Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank all said no, so who am I missing here?

Comment

Well of course Dawson isn't going to say "I'm struggling big time making weight! before the fight. Fighter's almost never say something negative about their camp leading into the fight, we see that ALL the time whether it's losing weight, some sort of injury or getting busted up in sparring, etc. It's just not viewed as a good mind set to admit to problems/concerns going into a fight.

John Scully is an honest dude and he's gone into great detail about the weight loss and how poorly Dawson shed off the weight and how difficult it was. He has no reason to lie either since he's not training Dawson anymore since Dawson changes trainers like he does underwear. He said his strength and conditioning coach had him running 5 miles a day at least for 6 days a week when he entered camp at about 183 pounds and that the weight wasn't coming off. He said the day before the weigh in Dawson was exactly 175 pounds, so he couldn't eat or drink at all and spent hours in the sauna and running on the treadmill all that day and into the night and then again the day of the weigh in. It definitely wasn't healthy and I think it was pretty damn apparent Dawson was weakened as a result, especially watching his legs and how shaky they were the whole fight.

That's not Ward's problem though, Ward was there to do his job and Dawson signed to fight at 168 so that's 100% on Chad. He did however try to negotiate a catch-weight with Ward and Ward didn't agree, that much is true. It was a dumb decision by Dawson that really did **** up his career.
                    I really don't dispute any of this. My original point was that you can't say one guy knows his body because he says he can do it, but another is just making it up. Truth is none of us know until the fights play themselves out.

Comment

The fight with Kirkland was a catch-weight of 155 pounds.

If he never left 154 like you claim, then how the **** do you explain him being the current lineal middleweight champion, the previous WBC middleweight champion with a middleweight title defense against Amir Khan? He was ranked as a middleweight up until he decided to drop the belt and announce his fight with Smith at 154.

Still, with that said, you ignore the most important parts of my post, which was Canelo agreed to fight Golovkin after an extension that he requested. He could have instead dropped the WBC belt immediately after beating Cotto, buy he chose to agree to fight Golovkin after an extension and he chose to defend that middleweight title against Amir Khan. He then stated "weight is not an issue. I'll fight Golovkin at 160". He led everyone on- his fans, Golovkin and the WBC.

At the end of the day, Canelo pulled a blatant duck. There really is no defending what he did any way you try to spin it, the ~174 pound in the ring ginger is even planning on fighting at 160 next after Smith, just not against Golovkin.
                      You just answered your own question. Canelo won those titles at a 155 catchweight. It's akin to Pacquaio beating Margarito at a 150 catchweight for the jr. middleweight title. They're both paper belts since they weren't won at the full weight limit.

Canelo hasn't even fought a legit middleweight yet or anyone in the top 10, you swear he was going to take GGG on without getting a few tune-ups first.

Comment

Working...
                      X