No announcement yet.

Can David Price recover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fury View Post
    What don't you understand about Fury being two fights away from a world title shot? Fury beating Price now would mean next to nothing.
    2 fights?!

And what when Wlad destroys him? Where would he go from there - what would he have to go back to?

Beating Price is crucial for him.. He can't really do much more than that at this point. It would be nice if he can drag Haye into fighting him and beat him - but I really can't see that happening.

he has a small chance to fight Vitali, but that would need to be in the next 6 months and I wouldn't give him more than 20% of beating the old big brother.

Comment

Hard to say without seeing how he reacts to his loss in his next fight.

Comment

I'm sure he could recover.....................why fight??? If you can't get by Thompson why continue. It wasn't a flash knockout, he was set up and followed the tracks right into the trap. The punches weren't devasting but they had a devasting effect! Theres other ways to live your life and boxing is NOT for that young man. He isn't that good, C-class boxer at best! Ray.

Comment

The only way to recover from a disaster (that's putting it mildly) like this is to beat a big name guy. He needs to fight Fury and beat him. That's the only way he'll gain his respect back.

Comment

I think Price will fight Thompson shortly. I think he'll beat him but that won't help a lot.
            he is way too inactive..

Comment

Price needs to step back and work on defense and learn to box all over. No more walking in and knocking people out. He should also be matched carefully like Wlad was.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                lennox got knocked out twice. 1 punch knockouts by big punching HWs. that doesn't mean he had a weak chin. look at his resume of big punchers he's faced. wlad's been on the canvas like 12 or 13 times so you can say that about him though...
                Wladimir was never knocked out by a single punch the way Price was and Lennox was twice. It took Corrie Sanders multiple punches to get a tko. Peter knocked him down multiple times but couldn't knock him out. People talk about Wladimir being down 11 times, but 5 of those times were when he was still hurt by previous punches and another few times were the result of him running out of gas. Wladimir has never failed to beat the 10 count the way many fighters have.

Price can and will come back. He has truly devastating power. I think he can knock out anyone in the division with a single punch. He should use his jab as more than just a range finder and develop a left hook. When opponents get within punching range he can put up the earmuffs and move to a distance where he can hit his opponents but they can't hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  lol & where are the fury ducked price posters on the board?
                  Fury did duck Price. That doesn't change because Price lost later on.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  I'm sure he could recover.....................why fight??? If you can't get by Thompson why continue. It wasn't a flash knockout, he was set up and followed the tracks right into the trap. The punches weren't devasting but they had a devasting effect! Theres other ways to live your life and boxing is NOT for that young man. He isn't that good, C-class boxer at best! Ray.
                  So what all boxers should quit if they arent world class? He literally obliterated the domestic scene in a handful of rounds, id say he has some cause to carry on.

Comment

To come back, one must have 'been there' already. Price wasn't ever 'there'. He overpowered a bunch of bums who he was too big for and that's all. He fought the first fringe contender and got KO'd. He was getting an an unwarranted amount of hype. Tyson Fury is next to be exposed. Then they can duke it out over the UK title for the next few years before retiring. Maybe a trilogy for them, hopefully $.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      He should have been more active during the past three years.

Price wasn't getting enough rounds in, he was stopping nearly everybody in the early rounds.

When Tyson and Wlad were doing that, they were fighting very often. Tyson fought 17 times in a year and Wlad fought 14 times in 1997.

He CAN recover, but he should rebuild with a better promoter like Warren. Price has had two bad promoters, David Haye and Frank Maloney.
                      Great Point.

Comment

Working...
                      X