No announcement yet.

What is considered a PED?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is considered a PED?

May be a dumb question but what drugs can a fighter take before a fight to help their performance? For instance if a fighter has anxiety problems can they take xanax? If they are ADD can they take Adderall to concentrate? In my opinion these substances have a major effect on the psyche of a fighter.

Just get a vampire facial and forget about it

Comment

different things are illegal in different states and some things have certain level cut offs

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...GDnJV8T50Xx4RA

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          May be a dumb question but what drugs can a fighter take before a fight to help their performance? For instance if a fighter has anxiety problems can they take xanax? If they are ADD can they take Adderall to concentrate? In my opinion these substances have a major effect on the psyche of a fighter.
          Interesting question regarding Xanax and Adderall.. Can't find any specifics about these medications in Boxing, they aren't exactly "performance enhancing" except maybe the Adderall for someone who "needs it".

I could see Xanax being very counter-productive in the ring, I really don't think anyone would want to take it before a fight, considering how it affects your senses & equilibrium. You would be at a pretty big disadvantage, and very easy to knock off balance, down, or even out.. depending on dosage and tolerance, of course.

Also, taking shots to the head while on these mind-altering substances can't be a good idea..
          Xanax has already been linked to Alzheimers, getting hit in the head repeatedly while on it..? bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by beastoverhand View Post
            Interesting question regarding Xanax and Adderall.. Can't find any specifics about these medications in Boxing, they aren't exactly "performance enhancing" except maybe the Adderall for someone who "needs it".

I could see Xanax being very counter-productive in the ring, I really don't think anyone would want to take it before a fight, considering how it affects your senses & equilibrium. You would be at a pretty big disadvantage, and very easy to knock off balance, down, or even out.. depending on dosage and tolerance, of course.

Also, taking shots to the head while on these mind-altering substances can't be a good idea..
            Xanax has already been linked to Alzheimers, getting hit in the head repeatedly while on it..? bad idea.
            I reckon Adderral is banned. It's considered a stimulant.

Comment

lol I hear a lot of athletes are disproportionately diagnosed with ADD

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Just get a vampire facial and forget about it
                vampire facial, injecting drugs into your hands, ...

.........Like Floyd says "100% natural"

Comment

Apparently on NSB, a protein shake qualifies..
                  Unless the guy making the shake is now working for your favorite guy.. Then it's just a natural supplement ***55357;***56841;

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    Anything that enhances an individuals sporting prowess...some of which are illegal.

Comment

Working...
                    X