No announcement yet.

Who else can GGG fight for 10 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
    You said Canadian doesn't signify country it signifies nationality. Nationality=country which you did not say.
    Lol are you being serious right now?

Nationality =/= country.

He said I can't be Canadian because he said Canadian is a country, which I said no because Canadian is my nationality and Canada is the country.

Do you think American and America (without the "N") mean the same thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Pacquaio is not fighting Golovkin so keep dreaming and Canelo cannot make 154, literally had to get naked on the scale to make weight for Smith. Cotto is going to put a hardline on rehydration clause so while there is a possibility of it happening its highly unlikely.
      Great points, and I don't see how a Cotto rematch would outsell a fight against GG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        Lol are you being serious right now?

Nationality =/= country.

He said I can't be Canadian because he said Canadian is a country, which I said no because Canadian is my nationality and Canada is the country.

Do you think American and America (without the "N") mean the same thing?
        Now I see what you're saying. From the way you were talkin it sounded like you were saying something else.

Comment

So he should take 2 mill against bums but not take 10 mill against unarguably a better fighter than he has ever faced.

This fight isn't even that big. Y'all hypin it up. Canelo hardly has any fans outside of Mexico.
          No, he should hold out for more than $10m.

Why would he accept a flat fee 12 months out, from a guy who's proven to be untrustworthy, who's messed him around on 2 occasions, especially as the fight will generate millions in PPV?
          Last edited by robertzimmerman; 10-23-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            The principles in making the business decision are the same despite the differing variables.

And what he's doing is calling out that bluff. He's not rejecting a chance at $10 million for Canelo because he doesn't want to fight Canelo. He's rejecting it because he believes there's a better business deal to be made. And even if the fight happens in 2018 (which would prove that Canelo is delaying/ducking the fight), he's risking the chance of losing the fight but the money upside is likely more preferable to GGG (which was my point). If it happens in 2019 and still the exact same thing that GGG still probably walks away with more than $10 million most likely if they can agree to a fight. The worst GGG can do in a fight against Canelo is $10 million, and since he's already at that point, all he's trying to do is nagivate himself up for a higher split of the pot.

I mean sure there's always the possibility that Canelo doesn't fight GGG, but all that does it prove Canelo doesn't want the fight more than anything else (offering someone $10 million but you need 3-4 fights in between is telling enough as it is). We all lose if the fight doesn't happen but it's pretty foolish to blame 1 side for not accepting a clearly unfair offer relative to the value he brings.
            How big do you think this fight will honestly be? 10 mill is more than anything that Canelo ever has made. This fight isn't even close to May-Pac. Canelo isn't Mayweather in terms of draw.

Also, Canelo would only need 1 fight before GGG. He fights twice per year usually in May and September. Canelo would have the May fight then the GGG fight at the end of the year.

Again, this fight isn't going to be some huge money maker. 10 mill was double GGG's biggest purse and bigger than anything Canelo makes. Canelo only got a guaranteed 3.5 mill for fighting Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              by your stats, oscar is offering ggg a guaranteed purse thats more than canelo ever earned, canelo earned less than that vs floyd or cotto, and ggg still refuses to fight him...
              No businessman would accept that on behalf of their fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                No, he should hold out for more than $10m.

Why would accept a flat fee 12 months out, from a guy who's proven to be untrustworthy, who's messed him around on 2 occasions, especially as the fight will generate millions in PPV?
                You're overestimating how much this fight will draw.

Comment

You're overestimating how much this fight will draw.
                  Yea he is, Milions in PPV LMAO

Comment

How big do you think this fight will honestly be? 10 mill is more than anything that Canelo ever has made. This fight isn't even close to May-Pac. Canelo isn't Mayweather in terms of draw.

Also, Canelo would only need 1 fight before GGG. He fights twice per year usually in May and September. Canelo would have the May fight then the GGG fight at the end of the year.

Again, this fight isn't going to be some huge money maker. 10 mill was double GGG's biggest purse and bigger than anything Canelo makes. Canelo only got a guaranteed 3.5 mill for fighting Smith.
                    It's probably a +1 mil PPV buy (I think could be +1.5 mil) that could fill out a big arena (at a high live gate). Bigger than Canelo-Cotto by far IMO.

I understand $10 mil is the biggest purse GGG would ever make but that's more sports trivia to me than it meaning anything in real negotiation. If there's a possibility he can get much more (if he were to receive a fair split), then I'm not going to argue him trying to fight for that.

And Canelo said he offered the fight to GGG before his fight against Liam Smith (so that would have been 3 fights if he fought Sept 2016, Dec 2016, May 2017). So if GGG is being offered $10 mil to fight someone in Sept 2017 (over a year from when they received the offer), wouldn't you think it's a good idea to at least negotiate yourself for a better payday when what you're accepting is a full year away?

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                      Mosley got 7 million against Floyd when Mosley was the champ and now GGG calls Canelo's 10 mill offer a ridiculous offer. LOL
                      It is a ridiculous offer.

Different circumstances altogether.

Comment

Working...
                      X