Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Charles, Greb and Armstrong have the best resumes of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yeah these are pretty much the top 5 pound for pound of all time right? And if you went top 10, I imaging guys like Ali, Louis, Archie Moore would be in there as well?
    I think it's hard to rank heavyweights against lower weight fighters as they only have the one division of fighters, which not only leaves them with limited options, it's also far less likely that they have the opportunity to fight someone truly great - at least as frequently as others.

But yeah, they would be in most guys top 20 I would say. not sure if they make the top 10 on all fronts. I personally don't have Archie Moore in my top 10, but he probably makes the top 10.

Ali makes my top 2, but it's very biased from my side as well.

Btw, those 5 aren't necessarily the top 5 p4p, just best resumes. The guys you will see in conversation after those will be Benny Leonard, Fitzsimmons, Pep, Duran, Moore, McLarnin, Ross, Canz, Walker, Gavilan etc etc.

But that's just my opinion, others may disagree.

Here's a thread I made on the top 20 - you may find something you like.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=608844

Comment

All this does is make me want Greb footage you *******. FUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

In my opinion you HAVE to throw Ali in the equation. Liston, Patterson, Frazier, Liston, Bonavena, Norton, Lyle, Foreman, Shavers, etc. Ali's resume is class and he's one of the only heavyweights I would put in the top 5 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
          In my opinion you HAVE to throw Ali in the equation. Liston, Patterson, Frazier, Liston, Bonavena, Norton, Lyle, Foreman, Shavers, etc. Ali's resume is class and he's one of the only heavyweights I would put in the top 5 P4P.
          Ali clearly has the best heavyweight resume of all times.

But it's impossible to compare his resume to someone like Greb's who beat 13 HOFamers, several ATGs and God knows how many past, current and future champions.

But Ali for me has an outstanding resume, and one of the best, if not the best, in the modern Era of any fighter.

Comment

I will put Ali's resume up vs anyone...

I agree that greb, armstrong, robinson, charles all have great resumes.. but Ali has to be up there as well...

Ali dominated the best division ever, while being past prime...
            None of the others can claim that, except for SRR because he reigned at MW when MW was at its peak...

Greb, Armstrong, Ezzard were great fighters, great wins, but none dominated a historically best division past their prime... They fought in good eras no doubt but the divisions werent as great as 70s heavy which is probably the best and deepest division ever in history and Ali was the man, Past Prime..

Comment

It's tough obviously but I'll go with Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I will put Ali's resume up vs anyone...

I agree that greb, armstrong, robinson, charles all have great resumes.. but Ali has to be up there as well...

Ali dominated the best division ever, while being past prime...
                None of the others can claim that, except for SRR because he reigned at MW when MW was at its peak...

Greb, Armstrong, Ezzard were great fighters, great wins, but none dominated a historically best division past their prime... They fought in good eras no doubt but the divisions werent as great as 70s heavy which is probably the best and deepest division ever in history and Ali was the man, Past Prime..
                I guess getting your jaw wired shut by Norton and beaten by Frazier means dominating

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  It's tough obviously but I'll go with Charles.
                  Over Greb?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Ali clearly has the best heavyweight resume of all times.

But it's impossible to compare his resume to someone like Greb's who beat 13 HOFamers, several ATGs and God knows how many past, current and future champions.

But Ali for me has an outstanding resume, and one of the best, if not the best, in the modern Era of any fighter.
                    Honestly I would put Ali's against Greb no problem dude. Ali beat multiple ATGs himself; Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Patterson. Dude ducked nobody. Beating Frazier Foreman and Liston the way he did warrants high P4P rating.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                      Honestly I would put Ali's against Greb no problem dude. Ali beat multiple ATGs himself; Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Patterson. Dude ducked nobody. Beating Frazier Foreman and Liston the way he did warrants high P4P rating.
                      He has it at 6 or 7.

Comment

Working...
                      X