No announcement yet.

Ray Robinson Knocked Out in A Street Fight By Murderer's Row Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    These "stories" about Wade can't be proven because he's been dead for years. He was not affiliated with any promotion he was handled by anyone who could get him a fight. This "article" is BS and this is the oldest scam articles that go out of their way to defame well known people. Take a good look in to this "writers" writings and you'll see a lot of stories on Wade. Why not stories on other fighters with "proof" about accusations such as this articles nonsense.
    I never heard of Robinson abusing spar partners in fact Wade remained in many of Robinsons camps through the years and there's plenty of photos verifying it. I get disgusted hearing these lies about any fighter especially someone like Robinson who gave away money to family & friends freely.

As to a pro boxer getting whipped in a street fight its not the ring!! It's the street, there's no ropes and there's NO Rules! It happens!!
    Take a great street fighter and put some gloves on him and in the ring he goes and gets put to sleep! The only commonality in a fight is a winner & loser how it's approached depends where your at.

Ray.
    It's been confirmed twice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      It's been confirmed twice though.
      Man I had it out with a bunch of doofuses over at another site on this type of situation: Take it from a martial artist with over 35 years of training....Boxers are not necessarily going to do well in a street fight. First off, if you throw a punch properly and hit a forehead, or, if you hit a chest where there is a gun in the pocket (because people carry that stuff)....you will break your hand. Street fighting is not boxing.

I used to have these idiots saying things like a trained boxer weighing 130 pounds would take out five guys weighing 180...and other such BS. Boxers CAN be dangerous at times on the street but a sucker punch is a sucker punch and a knife is faster than a punch many times. I dont care if it is true it means nothing really because street fighting is its own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Man I had it out with a bunch of doofuses over at another site on this type of situation: Take it from a martial artist with over 35 years of training....Boxers are not necessarily going to do well in a street fight. First off, if you throw a punch properly and hit a forehead, or, if you hit a chest where there is a gun in the pocket (because people carry that stuff)....you will break your hand. Street fighting is not boxing.

I used to have these idiots saying things like a trained boxer weighing 130 pounds would take out five guys weighing 180...and other such BS. Boxers CAN be dangerous at times on the street but a sucker punch is a sucker punch and a knife is faster than a punch many times. I dont care if it is true it means nothing really because street fighting is its own thing.
        I hear you, it's just a great article I thought I'd share.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
          I hear you, it's just a great article I thought I'd share.
          My ire is not directed at you itd directed at this continghent who think that boxers have immortal powers when it comes to conflict. We already have proof that in a controlled situation grapplers can neutralize a puncher. There are also many stories to tell us about conflict and the reality versus our understanding of what that reality should be....Here is a great event that RAY CORSO might remember because he is closer to the age when this gentleman was stompinmg terra!

There was, during the 1950's a very famous martial artist knownn as Jerome Mckay. He was a Judo and karate expert with studios everywhere. He was known as a real badass. Well, one night withn his girl 3 guys approached him. Taking his own hype to heart (one can only assume) he engaged these gentlemen and was beat up so badly he was hospitalized....I think he was almost stomped to death actually if memory serves correct.

Heres the thing: Mckay was probably a decent fighter...at that time guys generally were if they had the goods (unlike todays Black belt plus tin throne denizens....dont get me started!!!). BUT when 3 hood trained punks come to do harm you should have a contingency. At the very least you should train for fighting multiole opponents.

This kind of thing happens occasionally. and it happens to boxers, wrestlers, strong men, etc. A boxer fighting 3 people can be succesful and you also see this! If he manages to keep distance (there is no ring in the street) punch while afoot and Kyo hos first guy, split the other two he can be succesful.

So boxers have advantages and disadantages. Robert Smith, one of the best martial arts historians of our last century writes beautifully and spoke of this yarn:

"Jack dandee fought the pug beautifully in that alley, he could not miss, left, right, move to the side as the crude goliath stumbled into each punch a bloody pulp more than a man....and then....just one crude shot, from out of god knows where and without so much as a quiver jack Dandee was asleep on the pavement."

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            My ire is not directed at you itd directed at this continghent who think that boxers have immortal powers when it comes to conflict. We already have proof that in a controlled situation grapplers can neutralize a puncher. There are also many stories to tell us about conflict and the reality versus our understanding of what that reality should be....Here is a great event that RAY CORSO might remember because he is closer to the age when this gentleman was stompinmg terra!

There was, during the 1950's a very famous martial artist knownn as Jerome Mckay. He was a Judo and karate expert with studios everywhere. He was known as a real badass. Well, one night withn his girl 3 guys approached him. Taking his own hype to heart (one can only assume) he engaged these gentlemen and was beat up so badly he was hospitalized....I think he was almost stomped to death actually if memory serves correct.

Heres the thing: Mckay was probably a decent fighter...at that time guys generally were if they had the goods (unlike todays Black belt plus tin throne denizens....dont get me started!!!). BUT when 3 hood trained punks come to do harm you should have a contingency. At the very least you should train for fighting multiole opponents.

This kind of thing happens occasionally. and it happens to boxers, wrestlers, strong men, etc. A boxer fighting 3 people can be succesful and you also see this! If he manages to keep distance (there is no ring in the street) punch while afoot and Kyo hos first guy, split the other two he can be succesful.

So boxers have advantages and disadantages. Robert Smith, one of the best martial arts historians of our last century writes beautifully and spoke of this yarn:

"Jack dandee fought the pug beautifully in that alley, he could not miss, left, right, move to the side as the crude goliath stumbled into each punch a bloody pulp more than a man....and then....just one crude shot, from out of god knows where and without so much as a quiver jack Dandee was asleep on the pavement."
            Lovely story, green k!

Comment

I have read about the streetfight and Robinson jilting the sparmate in a biography about robinson. Never heard about the boxing match. It could all be Bs.

Comment

Working...
              X