No announcement yet.

Any Advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice?

My tailbone always hurts when i do sit-ups and medicine ball exercises.

even when i use mats or padding...my tailbone always goes numb..anyone have any good ad/core exercises that dont involve laying down and me hurting my tailbone?

Supported or hanging crunches and leg raises, also try weighted knealing cable crunches on a multi gym if you have access?

Comment

[QUOTE]Supported or hanging crunches and leg raises, also try weighted knealing cable crunches on a multi gym if you have access?[QUOTE]

im sorry i have no idea what those exercises are...you wana take some time and explain them all for me??? any help is appreciated

Comment

the point of the medicine ball and sit ups is to strengthen your muscles to prevent these injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut Le
          My tailbone always hurts when i do sit-ups and medicine ball exercises.

even when i use mats or padding...my tailbone always goes numb..anyone have any good ad/core exercises that dont involve laying down and me hurting my tailbone?
          i get the same pain, so i just do sit ups on my bed, try getting an old matress

Comment

tell your boyfriend to take it easy next time.

lol, im just ****in with you dude. my girlfriend broke her tailbone when she was young and it always pains her too, im not sure there's much you can do about it. try doing leg raises instead of situps, less pressure on your poor be-hind.

Comment

what are leg rises? and if i do it on the bed, wont that kind of ruin the affect???

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut Le
                what are leg rises? and if i do it on the bed, wont that kind of ruin the affect???
                when i do them on the bed i do a full sit up not a crunch and it doesn't lose the effect

Comment

[QUOTE=LightsOut Le][QUOTE]Supported or hanging crunches and leg raises, also try weighted knealing cable crunches on a multi gym if you have access?

im sorry i have no idea what those exercises are...you wana take some time and explain them all for me??? any help is appreciated

Reverse Crunches- lay lengthwise on a bench and reach behind your head and hold the edge of the bench. Bring your knees to your chest raising your butt off of the bench.
                  Cable Crunches- using a rope attached to an overhead pulley. Kneel down and hold the rope with both hands. Curl your head to your knees rounding your back concentrating on your ab muscles and hold for a second.
                  Hanging Crunches- hang from a pull-up bar and pull your knees to your chest in a slow controlled motion. Do not move or contract your arms.
                  Hanging leg raises- again hang from a pull up bar etc and keeping your knees locked out raise your legs so that your toes become level with your stomach out in front.

Comment

Working...
                  X