Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training to become pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid I understand your desire but you need to fight Amateur before you think about going pro. Do they have a amateur program in Japan? they should have so go from there instead. Don't be crazy, Fight amateur til you are around 18. depending on how well you do then you move on to pro. it's a 100 times harder then you imagine. Every fighter has to pay there dues in the AMs to become a good boxer. In the amateurs you can make mistakes, you can take loses. In pro you can't afford to lose in your early career or you will become a bum. It's harsh but true. Look up fighter different bums on boxrec. they all start with a couple of wins then lose. Fighters that get rushed in pro usually end up with a ruined career. just look up Davey moore. He had talent but got rushed before he could develop and it ruined him

Comment

when we take the pro test we usually get a C level license which means a boxer can participate in a 4 R fight. After they win a coupld fights and have teh necessary stamina they move onto 6 R fights aka B level license, and then moves onto 8 or more R fights and advance to the final A level boxer. i know its ****ed up thats how it is lol. people say education is so important, im thinking of going to a university that participates in the NCBA. i mean even though i turn pro i could only fight for 4 R until i progress to the next level, i thought it will be a good experience for me to go to america and gain experience there for 4 years (until i graduate) right now i need to study like ****, get good grades so my school can possibly help me out with the fee. and do boxing at the same time. its gonna be hard for the moment, but what do you guys think about my plan?

Comment

Northern Michigan University is part of the USA boxing program. They don't have a team through the school but you can gain scholarships through usa boxing to attend Northern and train at the Olympic Training Center and possibly fight internationaly.

I had an oppertunity to get the scholarship and passed for the dumbest reasons. Looking back now they were trying to hand me gold and I didn't want it.

What ever you do with boxing is up to you but I say finish the schooling and then continue it after. Few make enough from being a fighter to make a good living. You may fight for 10 years but when its done you will need to sustain yourself by working most likely, a college education could be the difference between you being a burger flipper or a flipper of the big money corporate deals........Rockin

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
          when we take the pro test we usually get a C level license which means a boxer can participate in a 4 R fight. After they win a coupld fights and have teh necessary stamina they move onto 6 R fights aka B level license, and then moves onto 8 or more R fights and advance to the final A level boxer. i know its ****ed up thats how it is lol. people say education is so important, im thinking of going to a university that participates in the NCBA. i mean even though i turn pro i could only fight for 4 R until i progress to the next level, i thought it will be a good experience for me to go to america and gain experience there for 4 years (until i graduate) right now i need to study like ****, get good grades so my school can possibly help me out with the fee. and do boxing at the same time. its gonna be hard for the moment, but what do you guys think about my plan?
          You missed my point. Do they have a Am boxing program in japan? I bet they do cuz how else would they have people in the Olympics. Almost all countries in the Olympics has AB programs so you should think about AM before you go pro. If there is an alternative to pro then your idea isn't that good. Why rush it? you will probably will become a bum if you do. There is more to the game then just the physical aspect. The mental strengths, performing under pressure, experience and handling the stress of competition so on is something that you build up through AB. So if you can go Am but would rather throw yourself into pro then its a really bad idea. You are 15, so 2 years of AB before the trials.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
            Finding a school that has a boxing program would be the best route you could possibly take. Stay amateur for awhile, learn your skills, pursue your education, maybe move on to pros after you finish school. You are plenty young enough, there is no hurry to turn pro when you can hone your skills in the amateur ranks. This way you would cover all bases and be sure to succeed in life, and maybe get to live your dream as well.

Comment

yeah we do have an amateur boxing program in japan, but my gym doesn't actually compete in the pro or amateur rings; all we have is a sparring match held once in a while with other gyms, and for some reason whenever anyone becomes an amateur fighter or pro they just go to a bigger gym. i think my coach doesn't want to raise pro's or amateurs, its funny because he really is a good trainer.

Comment

Man for every Hozumi Hasgeawa that leaves school early and becomes a successful champ theres about 50 more who fail and dont have nothing to fall back on.Should get your education first man and do abitta the ams for experience.On another note do you know when Takashi Uchiyma is fighting next?

Comment

sorry bro, don't know about him. yeah i guess i'll just have to finish education, that is true. i might go to college so i could have a decent job in the future if something happens to me. afterall i dont have natural talent like other fighters. speaking of college, im interested in the northern michigan university. and i heard there is a boxing training program there. i'd like to train and hopefully fight there, how can i do this? if i enroll in this college can i just apply for the training?

Comment

if anyone who trained here could give me some advice it would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X