Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westworld HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came back and watched the latest episode after watching the first two shows. It's just an HBO excuse for over the top violence.
    And a boob once in a while. Not going back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Came back and watched the latest episode after watching the first two shows. It's just an HBO excuse for over the top violence.
      And a boob once in a while. Not going back.
      So you watched a total of 3 episodes?

There is so much more depth than just over the top violence. It was more of a study on the human consciousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
        So you watched a total of 3 episodes?

There is so much more depth than just over the top violence. It was more of a study on the human consciousness.
        I get the depth part, it's a smart show, but the wife and I don't want to sit through multiple senseless stabbing, mutilations, and especially rapes to get to the reasoning part.

Note that we watch and like Vikings together, and that has violence, sometimes awful violence, but it's never gratuitous. I feel the Westworld violence, like killing an entire town, raping and beating Dolores REPEATEDLY is there for no reason at all. OK once is fine, but over and over again? FFS they could even show it off camera...did they HAVE to show the knife plunging into the soldiers neck like that? No, they didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          I get the depth part, it's a smart show, but the wife and I don't want to sit through multiple senseless stabbing, mutilations, and especially rapes to get to the reasoning part.

Note that we watch and like Vikings together, and that has violence, sometimes awful violence, but it's never gratuitous. I feel the Westworld violence, like killing an entire town, raping and beating Dolores REPEATEDLY is there for no reason at all. OK once is fine, but over and over again? FFS they could even show it off camera...did they HAVE to show the knife plunging into the soldiers neck like that? No, they didn't.
          What kind of fruitcake watches the first two episodes, skips the rest and then watches the last? .

I think your children may have to sit you down soon for the "retirement community" conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            What kind of fruitcake watches the first two episodes, skips the rest and then watches the last? .

I think your children may have to sit you down soon for the "retirement community" conversation.
            Drone coming your way in 1, 2, 3 seconds....

Comment

• It's better than the Walking Dead. I love the Finals Twists when they revealed William as the Man In Black.

Comment

• Before i watch the last episode, im watching them all again.
                The writers did such an amazing job advancing and exploring the ideas from the original film.

The concepts are huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                  It's better than the Walking Dead. I love the Finals Twists when they revealed William as the Man In Black.
                  They blended the two stories together perfectly. You couldn't even tell the two stories were in different time periods.

Anthony Hopkins death was a minor disappointment, though, very good actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                    They blended the two stories together perfectly. You couldn't even tell the two stories were in different time periods.

Anthony Hopkins death was a minor disappointment, though, very good actor.
                    True. Love his character. any latest news on season 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                      True. Love his character. any latest news on season 2?
                      The only news I heard so far is bad news depending on your patience. The show won't be returning until 2018.

Comment

Working...
                      X