Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training for fight Day 3 (Sparring vs Wild Pro)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for fight Day 3 (Sparring vs Wild Pro)

What's up.. So today was a crazy day at the gym... we did a real intense 30min. work out.... then went right to sparring...I remember saying on my Day 1 in the gym thread that I wanted to train for at least 2 weeks first before sparring because I knew my stamina was shot!.. but a poster on here insisted that I just start sparring now... so thats what I did...

[Keep in mind that this is my first time really sparring in 7/8 years.. I sparred a friend last yr for fun when I was going to have a fight but that show canceled and I stopped preparing]

Rd.1 is vs tall strong kid... my plan was just to counter, try not to get caught with anything hard... and not throw many combos just land 1 shot counters because I knew the second I threw a combo I would be done stamina wise for the rest of the rd. lol (my stamina right now is really only good for like the first 50seconds to a minute of a rd as of right now)

Rd.2 is vs a Pro (MMA/Boxer) he didn't have headgear on so I said forget this I'm not wearing headgear either... I knew I could outbox him (first 50 seconds before gassing lol) Coach said you sure u dont want headgear? u should get your headgear.. I said nah I can outbox him, til I get tired lol.. he said alright then

This rd. was rough man.. he was wild.. and I was tired.. so I was just trying to survive without getting KO'd lol.. we weren't suppose to be going hard but I guess after tagging him a lil in the beginning and the coach being shocked sayin very good very good patrick.. good patrick ...that made him want to brawl.. Glad I recorded though so now I know what to work on.. not turning and running to get away from being trapped in ropes, that looks bad.. so ill work on that.. and my stamina... because Im sure if I had gas to really go... I would have just picked him apart the whole rd. but I couldn't do that with nothing in the tank... and my fav. part was when I hit him with that RJJ move.. and the coach recognized it.. def going to pull that move out fight night

so all in all... not too bad considering I haven't been in there in nearly a decade and these guys been training and already in shape... I have 8 weeks to go... so looking forward to seeing how I progress.. long way to go

Damn that second guy was fightin like you ****ed his woman haha!

Comment

You make it a little obvious when you're playing defense and when you're ready to throw. Blur that line because it lets the opponent dictate the fight. Your jab is deceptively sharp and should help with that.

Also, you're too big to let yourself get smothered like that and it'll get worse with guys your size. Build your lateral footwork and your ability to lean against or clinch because turning away like that is nowhere.

Comment

Like Redd Foxx said, it seems obvious when you're gonna throw. Also, keep that chin tucked, it's like you're raising your head up in the air especially when going backward and your opponent is bringing the heat. Please don't try that Roy Jones crap in a real fight.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.. It helps.. I'll work on then things y'all mentioned above.. With the exception of 1 thing ...below

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Please don't try that Roy Jones crap in a real fight.
          I'm definitely going to do that in the fight and a few other moves like the chicken move Roy pulled on Tony... it feels natural for me to fight that way and do stuff like that... I'm gonna have a rapper rap while I walk to the ring.. I'm coming in sequins out jacket, trunks, broner style.. With shades... I'm there to entertain and put on a show.. I highly doubt I'm gonna lose... But even if I were to lose or draw... at least its gonna be entertaining...I showboat I clown... I have fun... & That's the main thing here... Its not a pro bout.. this a charity fund raiser event

I didn't come back to boxing after 8 years to due this as a career.. I'm training for this event and after that back to just watching boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            Damn that second guy was fightin like you ****ed his woman haha!
            Lol yeah he was fighting like a mad man... Its good tho.. Want to spar all kinds of styles.. Boxer, slugger, southpaw etc. To prepare for anything

Comment

Dropping your right hand when you throw the left hook. Good luck!

Comment

I've seen your day 3 sparring partner work before.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkenYHDfpOc

And what kind of coach allows his amateur fighters to box with out headgear?

Nice job though...........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  I've seen your day 3 sparring partner work before.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkenYHDfpOc
                  Lol that's hilarious.. that's not him.. looks like him tho.. funny! good find..

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  And what kind of coach allows his amateur fighters to box with out headgear?

Nice job though...........
                  The coach doesn't... That guy I sparred is not amateur... he's a pro so he usually goes without it depending on who he is sparring.. and he didn't want me to go without headgear but im a grown man.. and I said im not wearing one since the pro guy wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                    Lol that's hilarious.. that's not him.. looks like him tho.. funny! good find..

The coach doesn't... That guy I sparred is not amateur... he's a pro so he usually goes without it depending on who he is sparring.. and he didn't want me to go without headgear but im a grown man.. and I said im not wearing one since the pro guy wasn't
                    Will you be the same grown man if you guys collide with your skulls and it causes a mean gash over your left eye and that's not even mentioning the obvious swelling that would accompany that gash. You don't fight at all until they are properly healed. Fight date? No, fights off. What then?

Comment

Working...
                    X