No announcement yet.

Adalaide Byrd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devildg View Post
    yea she got the right guys winning the fight. i think she just gave all the close rounds to Trout in that fight, which caused the wide score

there were close rounds in which Cotto did land the more clean blows but was clearly out worked

And I could easily see why she would of preferred Trouts work. He was outworking Cotto and doing the more effective work landing the cleaner shots.
    I felt a lot of Cotto's shots throughout was getting blocked and he only fought in spurts.
    I think Trout could of stopped him, he was killing Cotto with those straight left to the body until he was warned then he neglected his body attack. If he continued his body assault I have no doubt he could of stopped Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
      hey dan if im marquez im happy about byrd being the judge she seems to favor the boxer. I also like weisfield i havent seen a bad score card from him. not to sure about keane

Yeah if I was Marquez or Pacquaio actually I'd be happy with her judging, she is very professional as is Weisman.
      I'm not too sure about John Keane, he had Hatton ahead against Senchenko which is personally not what I seen anyway and a few of his scorecards in Prizefighter have been a bit iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Yeah if I was Marquez or Pacquaio actually I'd be happy with her judging, she is very professional as is Weisman.
        I'm not too sure about John Keane, he had Hatton ahead against Senchenko which is personally not what I seen anyway and a few of his scorecards in Prizefighter have been a bit iffy.
        Keane was the judge who gave Ward a 118-110 in the Froch fight, maybe that's why he has a good rep.

I don't really follow the judges much, I guess it's only the notoriously sketchy ones who gain publicity.

Comment

funny how people sh*8 on the only judge that had abril winning the fight.

the calz fight was close i thought calz won but i hated the way he did and obviously so did she.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Keane was the judge who gave Ward a 118-110 in the Froch fight, maybe that's why he has a good rep.

I don't really follow the judges much, I guess it's only the notoriously sketchy ones who gain publicity.

I am a big Froch fan but that was a good scorecard. I really did feel the others had it too close, noway was 1 round separating the two.

Usually is the sketchy ones, I know I try take a mental note when I see/hear ridiculous decisions. David Robertson is one too watch out for, he has handed in some disgraceful scorecards including a lop-sided win for Cloud over Campillo. Thankfully he isn't involved in many big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              She's the one who scored it 119-110?
              A little too wide.... she gets praise for the Abril fight though
              I think it was too but remember they are there live with different views on the action and who knows what they're actually looking at/for.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Adalaide Byrd 114-113 (Hopkins over Calzaghe) is the only card I can find where I could maybe see people questioning it, again, this was a close fight!
                Come on man 6 rounds a piece for Hopkins and Calzaghe? GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
                  Come on man 6 rounds a piece for Hopkins and Calzaghe? GTFO.
                  i know that was iffy. hopkins won more rounds than that.

Comment

Obama (from vid trading forum) tweeted saying that her scorecards could indicate a tendency towards clean counter punching over aggression. Could favour Marquez?

Comment

She's horribly inconsistent, sometimes she'll have the perfect score card but other times it wont even be in same ballpark ( like last week's Cotto score card she put out).

I dont consider her a good judge, too inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                      X