Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Canelo less that 1 month away. Where's the promotion!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
    doesn't need promotion....

garcia vs. mathysse.....

floyd vs. canelo....

sell's it self.
    Sells itself for diehard such as ourselves. The casual fan base is what the networks and promoters and banking on though. Casual fans don't even know who Mathysse is let alone know how to pronounce his name.

Comment

I'm having a house warming/PPV party that night. Should be about 10 people over there most knew about the fight before I mentioned it to them.

Comment

Got my fight night planned already,going to be a great night

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          I wanna see that.
          I'll upload it to Youtube right now. Give me a second.

Comment

Is showtime even doing a fight camp 360 for this bout? If so shouldn't it have started by now with just under a month to go?

Comment

Nothing here in TX (San Antonio). Hell, Floyd didnt even show up to the presser!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Is showtime even doing a fight camp 360 for this bout? If so shouldn't it have started by now with just under a month to go?
                I think it starts this weekend

Comment

What kind of promotion are you looking for? Didn't a tour have like 30 thousand people there? Seems ok to me.

Comment

Directv commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      If Shaefer thinks this fight is going to draw anywhere near what floyd/Oscar drew then he's kidding himself. Why? The Floyd/Oscar fight was promoted like no fight I have ever seen. Here in Nyc there were giant billboards up, posters on buses and in the subway system, TV commercials, etc. The Floyd/canelo fight is less than a month away and I have yet to see any type of advertisement for it whatsoever.

My bday is actually that wknd and a friend of mine who owns a bar is going to order the fight and have a post fight bday party there as well and to he totally honest, many casuals don't or didn't know Floyd was fighting and/or who he's fighting.

Now I'm amped for this fight and especially for the Garcia/Lucas bout but I have a feeling that the #s will fall far short of what gbp and showtime are expecting and it will be a lack of promotion to blame.

Now maybe it's just here in Nyc, but is anyone else in other states also witnessing a lack of promotion/advertisement for this upcoming fight?
                      Ill bet you a trilli it outsells pacs highest grossing ppv whatever one that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X