Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch beat Pascal very clearly. I had it 116-112.

The Kessler-Froch fight was much closer. Both were brilliant fights though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I just hope Dawson makes the weight healthily.

If Ward beats Dawson. It's a wrap.

He's the greatest Super Middleweight ever IMO.
      Ward vs Dawson is a great fight but the thing I don't really understand is why Dawson is fighting him at 168. So what happens if he wins? Is he staying at 168? Does he go back to 175? Does he fight in both weight classes just fights whatever big fight is available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        So has Froch.

This whack champion beat Dawson clearly so what does that make Dawson? Pascal is an elite fighter and his fight with Froch was actually as close as Foch's fight with Kessler, I had Froch winning by a couple points but it was a war.
        Yeah, I usually agree with new england. But Pascal is not a bad fighter at all. The only fighter in Hopkin's 40s career to visibly stun him and knock him down is Jean Pascal. And I don't even remember Hopkins getting knocked down in his 30s either.

And no matter if I thought Hopkins won both fights against him, no one can act as if the first fight was not close at all. Pascal is a very good fighter and I can see him being probably the top 3 in the Super 6, if he had joined it. Right after Ward and Froch, he had probably been the best, with only Dirrell to worry about. Kessler is too stationary to beat a wild guy like Pascal. Abraham is even worse. Taylor was so past it and out of his league at 168, Pascal would have probably stopped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          I want to see how the weight plays out. Dawson hasn't been that light in six years.
          I have that same worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I have that same worry.
            I can give him credit for beating Dawson no matter, but fighting at 68 could carry some silly advantages and take away from the fight (IF that is ultimately what happens...still not actually signed I don't think). Makes more sense to go up and do it rather than Leonard-LaLonde it for promo reasons. It's not going to help sell a fight that ain't going to do huge numbers no matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              So he's not an elite fighter but he won the majority of the rounds against Dawson whom you consider elite...

i dont remember calling dawson elite
              certainly not in this thread.

perhaps i did. it's a topic for another day, but i would call dawson an elite fighter on his best day. absolutely.
              and i wouldn't with pascal.

dawson's got a much better resume than pascal
              on paper and in terms of the tangibles he's a much better fighter

he doesnt let his hands go and that lost him the pascal fight.

his fight with pascal was pretty awful and i have not watched it in some time. i remember thinking that pascal won the fight but was in real danger of being stopped or at least put down late in the fight before the clash of heads

i think it was a counter uppercut that shook him.

it certainly wasnt the type of victory that made me say "wow, pascal is a better fighter outright than dawson."

i thought dawson lost it more than pascal won it

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                Ward vs Dawson is a great fight but the thing I don't really understand is why Dawson is fighting him at 168. So what happens if he wins? Is he staying at 168? Does he go back to 175? Does he fight in both weight classes just fights whatever big fight is available?
                I agree.

Dawson asked for it so I'm guessing he believes he can make the weight healthily but you would think that would be difficult considering he's been at 175 for so long.

I'm guessing IF he can make the weight then he'll just take any fight between 168-175.

I guess we'll find out at the weigh in or the opening bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  it certainly wasnt the type of victory that made me say "wow, pascal is a better fighter outright than dawson."

i thought dawson lost it more than pascal won it
                  That's what it was basically. I mean credit to Pascal for bringing it to him but Dawson just didn't let his hands go.

And I honestly believe Dawson is a better fighter when he's with Scully. That's who he should have always been with.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

chad armstrong

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Yeah, I usually agree with new england. But Pascal is not a bad fighter at all. The only fighter in Hopkin's 40s career to visibly stun him and knock him down is Jean Pascal. And I don't even remember Hopkins getting knocked down in his 30s either.

And no matter if I thought Hopkins won both fights against him, no one can act as if the first fight was not close at all. Pascal is a very good fighter and I can see him being probably the top 3 in the Super 6, if he had joined it. Right after Ward and Froch, he had probably been the best, with only Dirrell to worry about. Kessler is too stationary to beat a wild guy like Pascal. Abraham is even worse. Taylor was so past it and out of his league at 168, Pascal would have probably stopped him.
                      Pascal/Kessler would be a good fight and yeah Kessler would have all kinds of problems with a moving target like Pascal. Textbook fighter vs wild unorthodox fighter, both got tremendeous pop.

Comment

Working...
                      X