Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
      flaxseed oil>>>> fish oil

do they not have different functions?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        do they not have different functions?
        they both serve as sources of Omega 3s

they're actually very similar i just hate the fish burps of fish oil, even the non fish burp ones still kinda have it

i get flaxseed oil capsules AND liquid, i give my dog some of the liquid in his food and add it some baking to incorporate into my diet more

thats all

Comment

they're actually very similar i just hate the fish burps of fish oil, even the non fish burp ones still kinda have it

i get flaxseed oil capsules AND liquid, i give my dog some of the liquid in his food and add it some baking to incorporate into my diet more

thats all
          thank you sir. Yeah man, there is nothing like getting fish burps after having eaten some oatmeal. Grrrrrooossss.

Comment

thats all
            I give a 1 gram cap of wild salmon fish oil to my dog daily...I eat tons of fish (salmon and tuna) so don't worry about it for myself. She loves it and swallows the capsule no problem with her food. I choose fish oil over flax seed because there is conflicting reports about whether flax ALA can be converted to EPA/DHA. I bought 200 1 gram cap's of Jamison brand at shopper's drug mart for $10....it's tested and guaranteed free of heavy metals such as mercury...and contains 180/120 mg of EPA/DHA...best price I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I give a 1 gram cap of wild salmon fish oil to my dog daily...I eat tons of fish (salmon and tuna) so don't worry about it for myself. She loves it and swallows the capsule no problem with her food. I choose fish oil over flax seed because there is conflicting reports about whether flax ALA can be converted to EPA/DHA. I bought 200 1 gram cap's of Jamison brand at shopper's drug mart for $10....it's tested and guaranteed free of heavy metals such as mercury...and contains 180/120 mg of EPA/DHA...best price I've seen.
              good looking out brother

when my dog was a pup he LOVED the capsules, i'd throw one out in the back yard and he could sniff it out and he'd eat it like it were an insect or something. biting it and shaking it around then spitting it out and watching it only to do it some more

but right after we put our new composite decking on, he brought one up on the deck and left it in the sun, now i have melted flax embedded in my composite decking!!!!

wouldnt trade him for the world though

Comment

Hi VIPrice,
                Fish oil for me as fish oil prevents from joint pains, depression, cardiovascular disease and schizophrenia. Fish oil lowers cholesterol level and improves our
                vision and great for brain functions also.

Comment

Originally posted by Harres View Post
                  Hi VIPrice,
                  Fish oil for me as fish oil prevents from joint pains, depression, cardiovascular disease and schizophrenia. Fish oil lowers cholesterol level and improves our
                  clearly it does not help in the grammar area of 'brain functions'

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                    Good quality fish oil provides Omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids which help the function of the brain; helps lower the bad cholesterol; good for he joints and best of all helps burn the bad fats. Highly recommend a good daily dose of good fats.
                    From what I've read, Omega 3 is good and Omega 6 is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Harres View Post
                      Hi VIPrice,
                      Fish oil does not improve vision. It makes your eyes less dry and can help slow down macular degeneration in old people.

Comment

Working...
                      X