Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's one of the worst stoppage in boxing history.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TGD View Post
    Just seen an interview with Naz Hamed, who thought the stoppage was correct. Although he also looked like he had just hoovered a few lines of coke.
    And had just finished up dining with James Toney at the buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Actually Groves wasn't defending himself....he wasn't able to BECAUSE THE REF HAD HIM IN A HEADLOCK POSITION!
      They should never let the ref. leave Doncaster again. Believe me, that's punishment enough, I've been there.

Comment

I almost want to call it JCC/Meldrick Tayloresque but it wasn't as bad as that.

Comment

Yes it wasnt a gret stoppage, it verged on the side of too early rather than too late. But what did we miss really? Groves did great but was unravelling and wasn't going to survive.

It's a shame froch was robbed of his victory.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
            Yes it wasnt a gret stoppage, it verged on the side of too early rather than too late. But what did we miss really? Groves did great but was unravelling and wasn't going to survive.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Comment

It's one of the worst yes.

Comment

Seemed a lot worse at time than when you see the replay. Still probably too early but probably didn't change the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                  Yes seriously. Had the ref not been an idiot and let Meldrick just finish the last few seconds he would had a big victory and gave Chavez his first loss. Those guys were world class fighters. He deserved that victory and he was never the same physically since that fight. Took his victory away to such bull**** stoppage, and the one that would probably had him smile every once a while in a career that went completely downhill.

Froch Vs Groves was bull**** but at least it wasn't like Groves was winning and got up and was still called out with 10 seconds togo. Now i bet you wouldve def said that was the worst stoppage.
                  no a refe can not give a fighter a few seconds you idiot .if you cant answer the refe you lose blame his trainer for getting up on the boxing ring that in its self is a disqualification which might have cause Meldrick to become distracted to answer a simple yes or no question from the refe

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post

Froch got knocked down and stumbled back into the ropes when he got up in the first round, why not stop it then? Groves wasn't even badly hurt, it was bull**** and he was robbed of a victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X