No announcement yet.

Question on Nicolino Locche

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Nicolino Locche

I can't seem to find anything, via pictures, video, or even in writing on whether Nicolino is left or right handed. I've been on a little Locche binge lately and have noticed he barely throws his right ever. Sure, he was always known for a low output but his right hand was thrown considerably less than his left and even though he threw it with intentions it just didn't seem to have the force his left had behind it. Any thoughts or comments on this?
    Last edited by {Pito}; 07-16-2016, 06:34 PM.

I always assumed he was a left handed orthodox fighter

Comment

Originally posted by fighting man View Post
      I always assumed he was a left handed orthodox fighter
      I assumed so as well, I shared why I thought that was but what are your reasons? Same as mine? Just interested

Comment

I once read that he had a very low output punches because he was a chain smoker and his stamina wasn't the best. Yet he still won a lot of fights. impressive must say.

Comment

Originally posted by {Pito} View Post
          I assumed so as well, I shared why I thought that was but what are your reasons? Same as mine? Just interested
          Yeah the same thoughts as yours. Always seemed like his left hand was more educated and given he wasn't a big power puncher it might make sense to have a more stinging jab than a typical fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
            I once read that he had a very low output punches because he was a chain smoker and his stamina wasn't the best. Yet he still won a lot of fights. impressive must say.
            Yea, I've read his seconds would try their best to cover up him taking pulls of cigs between rounds....don't know how true that is but supposedly it was well known.

Comment

Yea, I've read his seconds would try their best to cover up him taking pulls of cigs between rounds....don't know how true that is but supposedly it was well known.
              That was also why he had a very low KO ratio. still in my eyes make him a great one. His defence was one of the best as well IMO

Comment

I can't seem to find anything, via pictures, video, or even in writing on whether Nicolino is left or right handed. I've been on a little Locche binge lately and have noticed he barely throws his right ever. Sure, he was always known for a low output but his right hand was thrown considerably less than his left and even though he threw it with intentions it just didn't seem to have the force his left had behind it. Any thoughts or comments on this?
                Great observation. In my view this is because of his defensive style more than anything.
                Johnny Famechon (HOF boxer), amoungst others, used this style taught to him by his trainer Ambrose Palmer. As Famacheon won a world title with this unusual style a journo named Frank Quill wrote a book (with Famacheon's assistance) simply called 'the method'. Essentially what the method is about is perfecting protection. They barely threw their right hand as it was seen as a 'dangerous punch' ...defensively, that is!
                Locche didn't seem to glue the right hand to the cheek like famacheon but he was a pretty relaxed about everything (including smoking between rounds) so perhaps he wasn't as strict.
                They both picked up when the left hook and right hand was thrown very early on and manager to duck these with ease.
                Also his skills won him rounds... Didn't locche win a round on the judges scorecards when he never threw a punch??
                Anyway, thats my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                  Great observation. In my view this is because of his defensive style more than anything.
                  Johnny Famechon (HOF boxer), amoungst others, used this style taught to him by his trainer Ambrose Palmer. As Famacheon won a world title with this unusual style a journo named Frank Quill wrote a book (with Famacheon's assistance) simply called 'the method'. Essentially what the method is about is perfecting protection. They barely threw their right hand as it was seen as a 'dangerous punch' ...defensively, that is!
                  Locche didn't seem to glue the right hand to the cheek like famacheon but he was a pretty relaxed about everything (including smoking between rounds) so perhaps he wasn't as strict.
                  They both picked up when the left hook and right hand was thrown very early on and manager to duck these with ease.
                  Also his skills won him rounds... Didn't locche win a round on the judges scorecards when he never threw a punch??
                  That was Pep, not proved anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                    They say that about Pep but I dunno how true it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X