Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch has the most horrendous technique and skill level of any ''elite'' fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
    Jermain Taylor would have won comprehensively on the cards too if he had survived the 12th.
    My aunty would be my uncle if she was born with balls.

Froch was actually winning on 1 card. He was getting to Taylor throughout that fight.

Comment

smh this old man is about to get put cold. that poser ward has been living off his hit and hold win over froch.!!!

lets see how quick ward becomes a full time commentator as soon as a younger, faster, more powerful champ in his weight classes like groves emerges!!

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
        smh this old man is about to get put cold. that poser ward has been living off his hit and hold win over froch.!!!

lets see how quick ward becomes a full time commentator as soon as a younger, faster, more powerful champ in his weight classes like groves emerges!!
        Lol I read that with Groves voice in my head, strong avatar, looks like a GTA character lol.

Comment

Groves is a cheeky little bastard lol

Comment

He does have a very strange brawler style technique, he doesnt punch like your regular boxer, he has a weird punching style and angle which makes him look ineffective.

Just watch him against Groves in their first fight you will see what I mean, hence why I say his wins come from making boxers forget their boxing and start brawling. Brawling is something you either can do or can't Carl obviously can due to his horrendous technique and this is what wins him his fights. I'm not trying to undermine his achievement not one bit, you do what it takes to win, but a boxer with a brain could counter his slow weird style all night long.

Comment

His technique is bad he is way too tense (for my liking anyway), he squares up, he overreaches, he is slow and all that but he makes it work!

I think his jab gets underrated a fair bit.
              Sure Its not textbook, its from the waist & often bought back low but its a busy, thudding, hard and highly effective jab

There is a method to his madness.

Sometimes a fighter can do virtually nothing well but can make it work to their advantage. That is the beauty of boxing.
              What you see as a weakness, a flaw, can sometimes be a strength.

Comment

as far as fundamentals go, yes. froch has basically no fundamentals at all. but he does have skills. his timing, sense of distance and accuracy is good provided he doesnt get away from his boxing altogether which does happen at times. but when he is focused on boxing in a disciplined manner he does a decent job of it, he is far from one of the best boxers out there and there is no doubt his strength, stamina, chin and toughness is what got him to where he is. but he can box a bit too, for example he had a much better amateur career than most people would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  My aunty would be my uncle if she was born with balls.

Froch was actually winning on 1 card. He was getting to Taylor throughout that fight.
                  he only started getting to taylor after JT started slowing down. early on taylor was boxing circles around him, then again thats always the case with taylor yet he always struggles to finish. froch only started winning rounds once fatigue started to set in for taylor, dont get me wrong im sure as hell not using that as an excuse. but since the topic is frochs boxing ability im just saying its not up to par with taylors or even close. however the same thing goes for stamina (tables turned obviously) and thats what mattered in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                    Jermain Taylor would have won comprehensively on the cards too if he had survived the 12th.
                    Yes, and Khan would've beaten Garcia if he hadn't been caught.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      he only started getting to taylor after JT started slowing down. early on taylor was boxing circles around him, then again thats always the case with taylor yet he always struggles to finish. froch only started winning rounds once fatigue started to set in for taylor, dont get me wrong im sure as hell not using that as an excuse. but since the topic is frochs boxing ability im just saying its not up to par with taylors or even close. however the same thing goes for stamina (tables turned obviously) and thats what mattered in the end.
                      Froch was getting to Taylor throughout that fight. Taylor doesn't have a good defence and was getting tagged by clean shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X