Post Your Round-By-Round Scorecard for Lucas-Danny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Then you had Matthysse winning. Prepare to be flamed. lol
    Nah, that makes it 113-113. That's what I have on my App.

Comment

1. Garcia
      2. Matthysee
      3. Garcia
      4. Garcia
      5. Matthysse
      6. Matthysse
      7. Garcia
      8. Garcia
      9. Garcia
      10. Matthysse
      11. Garcia 10-8
      12. Garcia 9-9

115-111 Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
        This^^

I thought it was a pretty easy fight to score.

I think you could argue 12 for Matthysse though.
        I thought so, too. There were a couple of close rounds, and you could probably argue that Lucas won the twelfth. (Man, I loved those last 30 seconds!) The last two rounds were very interesting. A case can be made that Matthysse was winning the eleventh so big that Garcia should've gotten a 10-9, even though he scored a KD. I'm still not certain that it even should have counted, but Weeks called it, so... Then, in the final frame, Danny, who I thought was winning the round, was finally penalized for one of his numerous low blows.

This was simply a close fight. It didn't seem that way to some because Garcia won the majority of the second half. Those late rounds are always fresher in the mind than the earlier rounds. That's why you have to take notepad in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          Nah, that makes it 113-113. That's what I have on my App.
          Okay, gotcha. I see what happened there.

Comment

I thought Matthyse dominated the early portion of the fight and then faded after his eye swelled shut. In addition, Garcia seemed to have no confidence whatsoever untill he knew he had Matthyse at a disadvantage.

With that, I think it's pretty clear that these two should rematch.

Having said that, I could easily Floyd Mayweather giving Garcia a shot. Garcia, just like Alvarez, is a fighter tailor made for Floyd's skillset.

Garcia is not a pressure fighter, and he's not a volume guy. He'll make easy work for Floyd.

Amazing how well things worked out for Floyd. First, he managed to create a HUGE buzz for a fight against Alvarez, even though Alvarez was coming off of a rather questionable performance vs. Trout.

Then, on the same night that he defeats Alvarez, Garcia ends up fighting a cyclops for the final 6 rounds of his fight, and he wins a relatively unimpressive decision, potentially setting up yet another lopsided fight for Mayweather.

If I'm Mayweather, I'm ecstatic and eager to set up Danny Garcia as my next opponent. And, the fans are going to want to see that boring and lopsided fight.

I hate Floyd, and yet I love him at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              1. Garcia
              2. Matthysee
              3. Garcia
              4. Garcia
              5. Matthysse
              6. Matthysse
              7. Garcia
              8. Garcia
              9. Garcia
              10. Matthysse
              11. Garcia 10-8
              12. Garcia 9-9

115-111 Garcia
              The only difference between our scores is the first round. I had it close, but gave it to Matthysse. I think 115-111 is a fair score.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I thought so, too. There were a couple of close rounds, and you could probably argue that Lucas won the twelfth. (Man, I loved those last 30 seconds!) The last two rounds were very interesting. A case can be made that Matthysse was winning the eleventh so big that Garcia should've gotten a 10-9, even though he scored a KD. I'm still not certain that it even should have counted, but Weeks called it, so... Then, in the final frame, Danny, who I thought was winning the round, was finally penalized for one of his numerous low blows.

This was simply a close fight. It didn't seem that way to some because Garcia won the majority of the second half. Those late rounds are always fresher in the mind than the earlier rounds. That's why you have to take notepad in hand.
                No doubt, and you make a great point about the low blows. Garcia, by my count, threw 4 of them. Usually, 1 low blow and you are deducted points for the next 1-2. Anything after that is a DQ.

Case in point, I believe Andrew Golata was DQ both times for committing 4 fouls. It might have even been less.

And, let's face it, these weren't belt line punches. These sailed all the way down to the cup.

Comment

Lucas. 1-4.6.10.12
                  Garcia 5.7-9.11

114-112 LM

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I know, that is why I am asking for scorecards because all this talk of Garcia winning clearly/dominantly doesn't tally with what I saw. I have long suspected people don't score or properly keep track of the cards but go by whom they perceive to have been the dominant fighter/ring general.
                    Happens all the time. The only time I'll score a fight for myself is if there's some controversy. It's amazing how different the outcome can be compared to your initial, unwritten, impressions.

The reason I am saying that Danny deserved to win is because my scorecard had it a draw but I do feel if anyone should have won, it was Danny - and that I possibly may have been biased at some point as I absolutely wanted Lucas to win.
                    I see your point and agree. It's hard to fight those biases, but kudos for recognizing them.

BTW, I totally agree with how Showtime called the fight. I didn't want to say it before because it sounds like I'm a bitter fan (I'm not, I just want to discuss this fight properly now that the troll-fests are ceasing) but SHO's coverage was extremely biased. Danny was getting extra kudos for doing better than people expected, as opposed to the work in the round compared to Lucas.
                    Commentating is influential, especially if a person isn't keeping score for themselves. I scored the fight with the volume on. The commentators pointed out a couple of things I thought were insightful, but I couldn't understand why they were leaning so much toward Garcia.

Comment

Why are people giving Garcia a 10-8 for round 11? Should be 10-9. That was a pretty dominant Matthysse round besides the dubious KD.

Comment

Working...
                      X