Help a sistah out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    See, not all us wet.backs are bad.....hehehe
    I love watching you constantly go out of your way to prove to people that you're not just a dumb racist ex convict.

Sickem' boy.

Your cookie cutter diet advice won't work. And your friend with the "degree" if she really does actually exist, doesn't know any more than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      dudes

i come to you all with my issue, the girls 22 and about 250lbs. i'm going to just have her come to the gym i go to, work out with her for an hour on saturday mornings and give her a regiment that you all will provide and then we do weigh in's every saturday to track her progress.

she can currently do about 30 mins on the elliptical - she has a pretty good core, i think.

what would you experts recommend for my saturday workouts with her and tell her to do during the week?

thanks brothers.
      At this point she needs to do one thing and one thing only - loose fat.
      I would concentrate on stretching and getting her to the point where she does 40+ minutes of elliptical/treadmill (on an incline) 5 days a week.

The hardest thing is for to keep doing it. She can't do it for 2 weeks. She needs to incorporate this into her life.

Second -- she needs to go to fitday.com or something like that and start recording her calories. What I've recommended to people is find out how many calories they're currently consuming and then find the weight they want to be at and the calories they will be consuming at that weight.

So say she's 250 and wants to be 140. Find out what a 140 pound active woman of 22 needs and that's what her calorie intake goal is. She'll lose a lot of weight at first (make sure that it's not too much over 2lbs /week) and it will slow down as she gets closer to her target weight.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
        I would concentrate on stretching and getting her to the point where she does 40+ minutes of elliptical/treadmill (on an incline) 5 days a week.

The hardest thing is for to keep doing it. She can't do it for 2 weeks. She needs to incorporate this into her life.

Second -- she needs to go to fitday.com or something like that and start recording her calories. What I've recommended to people is find out how many calories they're currently consuming and then find the weight they want to be at and the calories they will be consuming at that weight.

So say she's 250 and wants to be 140. Find out what a 140 pound active woman of 22 needs and that's what her calorie intake goal is. She'll lose a lot of weight at first (make sure that it's not too much over 2lbs /week) and it will slow down as she gets closer to her target weight.
        thanks dude, i'll check that site out today as well as do that other research.

Comment

You've got some great advice there, but heres a little more you need to tell her which is as vital as her getting her workouts and calorific intake correct.

Losing weight = a change of lifestyle.

You friend obviously got so big for a reason, so she needs an education in food and whats good for her and whats bad for her. She should also know when to eat and when not to (e.g Good, big breakfasts.. no eating after 11pm).

Losing weight and keeping it off is very hard work, I mean real hard work.. so its always best to lose it slowly (2-3lbs per week), the TV shows where you see people losing weight like 20lbs in 1 week is not realistic and very unhealthy, not to mention will leave you with acres of loose skin after you lose it. If you lose weight healthily and adjust to eating good foods, you're much more likely to keep it all off.

When losing weight or helping someone to lose it.. remember one thing.. give them confidence and compliment them. Someone whos losing weight will find it hard to be motivated at times, so compliments here and there will ALWAYS make them see the workout through because they'll want more compliments and people looking at them because they're trim and fit as opposed to being a fatty.. plus, hot girls really love it when guys check them out.

Lastly, losing weight, especially a big amount like your relative wants to, will take time. Tell her to be realistic and let her know this isn't a quick fix, it will take up to a year for her to lose all that weight and be healthy and fit.

Good luck, hope she succeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
            I love watching you constantly go out of your way to prove to people that you're not just a dumb racist ex convict.

Sickem' boy.

Your cookie cutter diet advice won't work. And your friend with the "degree" if she really does actually exist, doesn't know any more than you do.

oooooo tough guy, thanks for adding NOTHING to the convo and riding my *** as usual.

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post

Good advice but the thing I find when people want to lose weight is not to get to technical. Sometimes counting calories and weighing yourself everyday isn't the best thing to do IMO.

It can deter some people especially if they aren't seeing the results in weight right away but what they don't account for which I think is more important is fat percentage. Sometimes you are losing fat, gaining muscle and you aren't seeing it in pounds on the scale.

Basically just intake less calories than you burn and you will lose weight, it's not rocket science but the diet I gave him that my friend made is money in the bank. Like I said, I shed the weight in 2 months after following it and the best thing it doesn't keep you hungry.

Comment

What's up with bread and pasta?, i eat barrels of the stuff day in day out.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
                What's up with bread and pasta?, i eat barrels of the stuff day in day out.
                Its better to eat that kind of stuff a little before training but not exclusively, don't know where ppl get this carbs are bad idea from....you need them for energy and eating high protein diets will make it hard for you to poop.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                  She should feel free to eat meat and drink milk , choco (no more than 3 sugar spoons for a big cup) , and cottage cheese.
                  Bread , pizzas , etc should be out for the following 4-5 years at least .
                  When thirsty only water can be taken into consideration .
                  Eating peas with the fried meat is recommended as well.
                  No more than 1 egg a day , while 0 per day is recommended as well .
                  No potatoes , corn , wheat and their products.
                  No candy.
                  Rice consumption should be extremely limited if not stopped as well.
                  Weight lifting is good.
                  Running is prohibited as well as long she weighs above 180lbs while hydrated.
                  Dehydration is not a thing to do.
                  cut the milk and cottage cheese if youre gonna cut "Wheat" haha. milk is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Its better to eat that kind of stuff a little before training but not exclusively, don't know where ppl get this carbs are bad idea from....you need them for energy and eating high protein diets will make it hard for you to poop.
                    It all depends man, age has a ton to do with it. I'm in my 30's and I cannot get by eating the stuff I used to.

I used to eat tacos, tortillas, bread, all kinds of bad **** and still make weight, I could never do that now. In order for me to lose the weight, I have to basically cut almost all the carbs out.

Comment

damn i see some ******ed **** when it comes to recreational training...

get her to start lifting - stronglifts.com

cut back on carbs except maybe pre or post workout. supplement lifting with cardio (running should be out with a 250 lb female, cycling or something where she wont get injured would be more productive). decent dieting info is all over the place, if you can sort through the bull****.

sadly, i dont know if you are in the position to train such an individual when it comes to lifting weights, if you were - you wouldn't be making this thread. in all reality, if she is training hard, and is burning more calories than she is consuming, she will lose some fat. the closer she gets to being fit, the harder it will be to take the fat off. also, you don't want her to be "skinny", you want her to be a fit, capable, attractive individual. there is a big difference.

if you want some REAL advice, ditch this forum (cause no one here knows anything) and go to the stronglifts site and look for people on the forums with similar situations. they are there, find them. learn from people more knowledgeable than me, and the rest of this forum. trust me with the amount of idiots on THIS forum, this is the last place you want to be seeking fitness advice. you've got internet warriors up on here thinking that being a 120 lb male is being "in shape" because there are pro boxers who weigh that.

Comment

Working...
                      X