No announcement yet.

Stevens is still a legit middleweight and will become a champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Pascal hasn't done jack in forever though. Since his loss to Hopkins, he's been non-existant.
    Cloud.... Cloud was one of the worst champs.
    Fonfara should be up there, he probably beats both.
    who said that light heavyweight was a strong divsion?

stevonson, cloud, hopkins, pascal, kovalav

not the strongest but obviously still a better division then crap middleweight...........

thats the point, middleweight is that dog on bad

now i will agree that middleweight is stronger then the heavyweight division.

Comment

Nah....I don't see it

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        who said that light heavyweight was a strong divsion?

stevonson, cloud, hopkins, pascal, kovalav

not the strongest but obviously still a better division then crap middleweight...........

thats the point, middleweight is that dog on bad

now i will agree that middleweight is stronger then the heavyweight division.
        I guess we'll agree on one and disagree on the other.
        Not fair for heavyweight because they have no redeemable factor going for it

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
          the dude put up a great effort

he is solid, strong n compact

i think he will give everybody at 160 a good fight

and i believe he can beat the majority of them i.e. barker

he definitely has a fan fav style

dont know why ppl bash him ... hes not on gggs level but hes a legit fighter
          this.

IMO he KO's Martinez in a one sided fight. Curtis has a solid jab that he doesn't telegraph at all. He actually had some success at beating Gennady to his jab. I think his timing's very good because when Gennady had him going back, he landed some perfectly timed left hooks (they were bombs) that would have KO'd or seriously hurt pretty much any middleweight except Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
            this.

IMO he KO's Martinez in a one sided fight. Curtis has a solid jab that he doesn't telegraph at all. He actually had some success at beating Gennady to his jab. I think his timing's very good because when Gennady had him going back, he landed some perfectly timed left hooks (they were bombs) that would have KO'd or seriously hurt pretty much any middleweight except Golovkin.
            Man comments like this are an embarrassment to the entire nation of Swiftlam. I agree Stevens is good and could beat Martinez but I disagree that it would be one sided. Martinez is shot but all he would have to do is not throw any right hooks and he should be able to avoid a Stevens home run.
            Last edited by Evil_Meat; 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Stevens fought on after the knockdown, regardless of what people's impressions of the fight were. After the knockdown he did shell up, but still tried to and succeeded in landing some good shots on GGG and made him back up a few times. I became a fan of the little guy after the fight, he has a good chin, tons of heart, and punches quite hard.

That being said, he will probably never be the same after this loss. He came to win and the fact that he didn't really hurt Golovkin during the whole fight will make him doubt his own power and the bludgeoning he received will probably make him more cautious or fearful in future fights.

However, if he takes the loss well and is motivated for his next fight, I think he could give hell to most if not all top middleweights.

Comment

Stevens is a solid boxer but will never be a champ. All the top fighter would beat him but he's a tough guy that comes to fight is a good puncher. He will be in a lot of entertaining fights. He's more of a gatekeeper and will test the young up and coming fighters to see if they can take the next step in their career.

Comment

He was shelled up 90% of the fight he fought the complete opposite of all the pre-fight trash talking he did, he was there just to survive.

Comment

No he isn't and he almost certainly will not.

He is a fringe guy he can beat some suspect guys or possibly catch a guy but anyone that is really world class clowns him.

If he fights someone that moves away really boxing him he can't chase them down and if someone attacks him he shells up. With his attributes he needs to be an excellent inside boxer to have success but he doesn't have the head or upper body movement to make that work and he doesn't do enough work to be an effective pressure guy.

He is decent at best, nothing more.

Comment

I don't know about being a titleholder. But yeah I think the GGG fight showed that Stevens was a little underrated. He had his moments before and after he got knocked down. I don't think there are many fighters at middleweight that put him into survival mode like GGG did.

Comment

Working...
                      X