Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaning in with the cross, for southpaws its good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaning in with the cross, for southpaws its good?

Ive seen Pac Man many times lean foward to throw a left jab with his rear arm.

Normally leaning in is heavily frowned apon, but because pacman is southpaw and his opponent orthadox leaning his head/body foward and over away from the orthodox fighters power hand seems to be a relitively safe position?

If yo u do this to try and land a KO shot ie with a rear cross it will reduce the power of your punch but you can get like a foot extra range and still have KO power, so isnt that a good trade off? (You must rotate the hips first before you start to lean in though just leaning in isnt a cross its what new guys do when they cant use their hips)

So why not do this?

You can follow up with a front arm shovel hook to right yourself or you can pivot out or both. Your only dangers are an orthodox left uppercut I presume?

Ive seen Hopkins do this he is a master at fighting southpaws he dropped Calzagge with it. He used it for power and KO purposes.

Pacman uses it to set up his right hook and to score points he bends in just to throw a rear hand left jab.

Im sure many many others do it its just ive only started noticing it!

How do you do it how do you lean in in a way that keeps you safe and dosnt loose too much power?

Comment

Still avoiding the gym like the plague, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Still avoiding the gym like the plague, huh?
        can you please tell me how?

After rotating my leg and hips do I just do an exaggerated slip to bend forward? So bend my front knee alot?

Comment

Working...
        X