Comment

whoever made the crowd yell the loudest

Comment

When I'm rewatching a fight to score it

I have a weird system

I give half a point to a fighter for a landed jab
        1 point for pitty pat power shot

And I give more points the more damaging the shot is

If fighter A lands 3 punch combo jab jab then solid right that's 3 points (0.5,0.5,2)

That's my tally so far then if other fighter lands a glancing blow now the tally is at +2 . It's easy to keep mental note of trust me

Comment

Clean, effective shots. Total punches landed. Connect percentage. These are the top 3 things I'm looking at during a fight.

Look I'm not a judge nor do I pretend to be. But the eye test, though. For example, Gary Russell vs Loma. Russell was throwing a lot more, but he was shoe shining. He wasn't effective. Loma was. Quality over quantity. I see sometimes where it appears that some judges or fans will reward guys for just being busy (but largely ineffective) and letting their hands go, even if they're missing or glancing blows. I wanna see clean, clear, impactful shots. You shouldn't get points just for being busy if you're not being effective.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Esco View Post
            whoever made the crowd yell the loudest
            I lol'd funny ****

Comment

Just watched Pirog vs Jacobs. In round 4 Jacobs landed 28 and Pirog landed 8 and Emmanuel Steward and the judges gave Pirog the round. Punch stats can be misleading. May I say, what a ridiculous knock out by Pirog, that dude could fight. A shame he had to retire due to his back problems.

Comment

Who is landing the better shots and ring generalship. if the fight is tit for tat, I look at the punch stats.

Now if the fight is between a fair underdog and a guy that is a bigger named boxer and a ripoff is likely, I will look for any opportunity to give rounds to the underdog because they can dominate 75% of the fight and still lose the fight minus a KO.

Comment

The 4 Criteria for Scoring a Fight

• Ring Generalship
                    Who is the Ring General in the round, dictating the pace, fighting where they want to, whether that be in the centre of the ring or up on their opponents chest forcing them back towards the rop

• Effective Aggression
                    The Aggressor, who is applying pressure, making the fight, throwing punches. This aggression needs to be effective, whether that be, connecting with their punches, forcing their opponent back or just stopping them from throwing.

• Defense
                    Who is making their opponent miss or not even throw or using their footwork to stay out of range so they are not hit, slipping punches, taking them on the gloves or non scoring zone and countering.

• Clean and Hard Punching
                    This is not the amateurs, you don't get one point for each scoring blow. This is clean hard punching. A clean punch is any punch that lands on the scoring zones (head and body) with the knuckle of the glove. But not all punches are equal, Harder punches count for more, 10 light jabs ain't worth a big left hook that stuns your opponent. Damage done to the opponent is also taking into account. A fighter can be out landed 3 to 1 but if all they take is pita pata shots whilst they land monster hard blows then they win this category

Comment

I make a blindfold out of a Puerto Rican flag and just go by the feel of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                      I make a blindfold out of a Puerto Rican flag and just go by the feel of the fight
                      Fucking hilarious

Comment

Working...
                      X