Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Wladimir Klitschko idolized in boxing / outside of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    WTF? that made no sense.

people are not and never will idolize wlad like they do Floyd or Manny. if that bothers wlad's fans, too bad.
    Cupo is butthurt about Black fighters.

Comment

people don't and never will idolize wlad like they do Floyd or Manny. if that bothers wlad's fans, too bad.
      They might over in Yurop...

But then, who gives a **** about Yurop?

Comment

WTF? that made no sense.

people don't and never will idolize wlad like they do Floyd or Manny. if that bothers wlad's fans, too bad.
        No, it doesn't bother me. I'm just saying that nobody will ever be as big as Ali, or even Louis. Mayweather cannot be compared as he more belongs in the Celebrity wing of athletes. To me, he suffers from the same irritating fame as Peris Hilton, rather than a Global sport figure like Ali (Or Jordan)

Those were the early days of Boxing's history. The first half of a decade. Everything was blown out of proportion.

Now-a-days, your average black person in the key demographic is more likely to get excited over tickets to a Riff Raff, Rap concert, then put a Joe Louis type on a pedestal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          No, it doesn't bother me. I'm just saying that nobody will ever be as big as Ali, or even Louis. Mayweather cannot be compared as he more belongs in the Celebrity wing of athletes. To me, he suffers from the same irritating fame as Peris Hilton, rather than a Global sport figure like Ali (Or Jordan)

Those were the early days of Boxing's history. The first half of a decade. Everything was blown out of proportion.

Now-a-days, your average black person in the key demographic is more likely to get excited over tickets to a Riff Raff, Rap concert, then put a Joe Louis type on a pedestal.
          Mayweather cant compare to those guys and neither does Vlad and Vitali.

The average Russian puts a bottle of Vodka on a pedastal.

Comment

• Right now Floyd is known in America but not a household name, Pacquiao is known in America by the same amount of people who know who Floyd their names are linked so you cannot say one guy is more well known in America because both guys name are tied to each other. If you know who Floyd is you know who Pac is vice versa.

Floyd is the second most well known Boxer in the Philippines, in fact Floyd ruined his chance of being beloved in that country, Filipinos are known to embrace opponents of Pacquiao if they beat him humbly or lose humbly. So more Filipinos know who Floyd is in the Philippines than Americans know him, because Floyd and Pac names are tied together. So if there are 110 million filipinos I would say at least 90 percent know who Floyd is, in America maybe 10-15 million Americans know who Floyd and Pac are.

Just because Floyd makes the most money in boxing doesn't mean he is super famous in America he is just the king of his niche, its the model that permits him to make this type of money, all it takes is 2 million people at a ppv price point of close to 80 bucks of the over 300 million in America for him to make ridiculous money. I still walk in the street and meet people who have no clue who Floyd and Manny are. and the ones who do know who Floyd is are always saying when is he going to fight Pacquiao and vice versa.

Floyd and Manny are only known by boxing fans in Canada and UK so they are only known by niche fans so not famous, same with Wlad just boxing fans so no transcendence there.

Only difference is Pacquiao and Wlad's big Brother Vitali are known by political figures, meaning they are sought out by powerful world leaders, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton want Pacquiaos endorsement if she runs, Marco Rubio went to the Philippines to get Pacquiaos endorsement if Pacman didnt have power or clout why would these US politicians seek out Pacs endorsement? they do this because they are working on foreign policy and international affairs they see the possibility of Pacman becoming president and see his power and gravitate toward it, Floyd is not involved in that aspect and will never be a political figure like an Ali, but Pac is on that level he just had meetings in Washington DC with harry reid and was invited and attended the national prayer breakfast with powerful world religious figures.

In Germany Wlad is the man, in Ukraine he is well known but even not that well known by his own people to the point of being a household face.

In the Philippines Pacquiao surpasses both guys, in terms of beloved he actually has 90 million Filipinos stop just to watch him fight that is power.

In 10 years you will probably see Vitali Klitschko, Wlads big bro as the president of Ukraine, and Manny Pacquiao as the President of the Philippines and the two will have meetings.

Wlad will be married with more kids and retired with his pretty actress wife, and Floyd will no longer be relevant toward the young world star hip hop fickle crowd, he is like a flash in the pan because the market or demographic he has is quick to move on they are ego based fans who like to insult people if they are no longer relevant so they will quickly drop Floyd like a bad habit and move to the next thing. he will be busy trying to hold onto his relevance by going on a reality show, and will probably have more lawsuits by women accusing him, and half his fortune will be gone from gambling and other financial issues.

Floyd had the chance to build his brand but his name is so soiled that nobody wants to endorse it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post

klit bros KO Louis and ali in the same night one after the other

Comment

• if Klit was a rapist cannibal mugged old ladies gold toothed psycho like Tyson he would be a big star among americans who are sliding into the third world

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  if Klit was a rapist cannibal mugged old ladies gold toothed psycho like Tyson he would be a big star among americans who are sliding into the third world
                  reps

Americans idolizing all these scumbags is part of the reason why their country is in the sh**tter.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Pacquiao avatar, goes on to say Mayweather gambles, womanizes, hits women, when Pacquiao had gambling problems, drinking problems, cheat on his wife, smoking problems. Basically a hypocrite.

The guy says why is Wlad not popular in the U.S. but only cherrypicks Mayweather, out of Pacquiao, DLH, Tyson, he picks only Mayweather. Yeah, seems like a legit thread.
                    you seem to be taking it very personally

Comment

Working...
                    X