Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hypocrisy that involves the GGG-Ward-Kovalev triangle!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really care if either moves up. But Golovkin still has unfinished business at 160 and at least one huge money fight possible at 154. Ward hasn't faced a legit threat at 168 since 2011, at which point he had taken care of everybody except Bute. A guy who has since moved to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      He won't be remembered if he doesn't fight Ward? Lol ok man. I'm sure if he were to unify the middleweight division, becoming lineal champ, and beat Canelo that alone is something to remember, let alone rack up a bunch of title defenses. Remember, Bernard Hopkins middleweight reign wasn't a whole lot different and he didn't get his big name fight until he was 36 against Trinidad. Hopkins didn't move up in weight until he was 41. Of course I'm not saying GGG will have the longevity of Hopkins, but any legacy he may have certainly doesn't depend on Andre Ward.
      If only most GGG fans had your mentality... 99% of them seem to think that GGG can run right through 154-168 with no problem. And when GGG's camp said something similar to that, most people just want to see him move up and fight Ward. Sure he's not technically obliged to do it, though when the public demand fights like these, it usually should happen eventually.

Comment

The talented mr. Andre Ward hit the bottom of his career -- he was let down by his protector Hersman, he was let down by The Ring due to persistent inactivity. Unlike Mayweather, Ward is coming back from a long layoff in order to fight a nameless SMW Paul Smith at 172... My guess is that Andre Ward lost his actual interest for boxing, but he will continue to fight only for money. Ward is an exceptional skilled boxer who would be able to fight successfully until his late thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
          Stars based on what? Surely it can't be based on accomplishment and skill because Andre Ward shines in those areas.

GGG and Kovalev are nowhere near stars. What PPV card have either of them headlined?

Andre Ward unified his division. He already fought in the big unification matches in his weight class.

GGG hasn't unified a damn thing. He's basically unproven. His opponents are mostly constituted of average fighters with average to below average skillsets.

Meanwhile Ward has already been in with POUND FOR POUND level comp.

What about GGG? What top 20 pound for pound has he been in with?

Kovalev's best victory is over a 50 year old Bernard Hopkins. LOL! SMH

Kov and GGG are two untested, overrated, hyped, HBO created, slow, modern day Great White Hypes!

Just like the Klitshkos have been feasting on BUMS for decades it seems like, ironically, so have GGG and Kovalev. Hmmmmm...

Terrance Crawford has already been matched tougher than GGG/Kov. So has Canelo and by a wide margin.

GGG and Kov will always be leaps and bounds BEHIND Andre Ward from a skill perspective.

Andre is quicker than both of those stiff backed hypejobs. He fights with more ring intelligence and athleticism. Can't hit what you can't find. Plus his counters are nasty.

Andre will rough both of these boys up real good. After Ward beats either one of these stiff backs, the forum will be crying just as loud as the Pacquiao fan base was on May 3rd. LOL!

Bernard Hopkins has been on record for years now saying he'll never fight Andre Ward. Yet at 50 years old, he risked his health to fight Kovalev. And still went 12 with him. LOL!

Yet believers of the good ol HYPE TRAIN believe these two are ready for Andre Ward.

Roger Mayweather never lied.....
          coudlknt have said it better,,,great white ohpe is all they are

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            The ward vs GGG fight was only being talked about AFTER GGG called Ward out. Ward had no interest in him, only when his voice got louder and louder did Ward respond and say he's ready to fight him. GGG's promoter just said the other day that a fight with Ward would make no sense.

So basically GGG called out Ward, Ward said he's ready then GGG promoter says no thanks. Now for me that's fine, GGG is a 160 lbs fighter and he has NO obligations to move up and fight Ward.

The Kovalev situation is slightly different. So far I've never ever heard Kovalev mention Ward's name. Maybe someone can clarify that for me? Ward hasn't said anything about him either I think. So neither have said anything about having a fight and it's the fans who are talking this fight up without the fighters even discussing the possibility of a fight. But ok even if Kovalev did call out Ward, Ward has NO obligations to go up a division and fight him. If Kovalev went down to 168 and Ward refused then it would be an issue. But none of that has happened so there is no obligation on either end for a fight.
            Edit: Kovalev has actually called out Ward and wants to fight him at 175. He won't do any catch weight or anything. Ward has no obligations to move up to 175 for him, if Kovalev wants a beating it will be at 168 which Ward has already said he'll fight him at.

Also Ward only fought at light heavy in the amateurs to accommodate his mate Andre Dirrell. Ward wanted him to win gold in the middleweight division and he takes the gold in the light heavyweight division - which he did. It was quite impressive, he was so over matched in size and power against the likes of Makarenko and Russo but still carved them up at only 20. If he could take Russo's power, there's not a single light heavyweight on the planet who could have there way with Ward.

Comment

Former Ward fan here. He should fight Kovalev. I don't understand what that guy is doing, but he's wasting away prime years after having one of thee most fantastic runs entering the super six and dominating the entire affair.

Comment

ah I understand. Plot twist: Blame Ward but not the other 2.
                I should have know already when I opened the thread.

Comment

The problem is that people exaggerate or fumble context. First of all, since when did Kovalev call out any Super Middleweights to Cruiserweights like GGG's team calling out any 154-168 pounder, particularly a Froch but no Ward. Doesn't make any sense.. This is how the whole thing started. The truth is that Ward is back, and GGG is old news to him, he just has to recap all the drama since then and explain the double standards or explain how GGG hasn'T fought elite competition the way Ward did.

The problem is calling out weight divisions and not keeping your promises.... Just like Arum coaching Pac's excuse for all Press reasoning and resonance is the same as Loeffler now telling GGG to NOW say ''welllla, me focus isa un 160.''

Cmon yall.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    It's pretty ******ed. Either way, Golovkin is better than Kovalev imo regardless of weight disadvantage.
                    Ummmmm no..

Comment

GGG need to add more belts at 160 , then he can go to 168

Ward can go to 175 since he pretty much already clean 168

Kovalev after his mandatory can fight Stevenson

Comment

Working...
                      X