• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
    lol did you even read the first post?
    Yes i didand i stand by what i wrote

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      I'm not fussed about your disagreeing. At the end of the day dismissing the punch as lucky trivialises everything about Marquez, the training he put into the fight, his understanding of the game, his exceptional timing, his perseverance.

No many fighters have the calmness of mind to time set up a trap and time their opponents when they are on wobbly legs. Most fighters mindset would be on making out of the round but he was able to see the needle in a haystack
      Dismissing the punch as lucky does do that, I dont think Marquez looked good at all in this fight..he looked slow, was getting countered and Pacman was controlling the majority of the fight up until that point. The first KD was a result of skill as mentioned in my first post... but other than that Pacman was breaking open Marquez's face with well timed and far more accurate shots.... If Marquez didnt look so bad in comparison to I and II , i would not dismiss it as lucky..but the fact he was looking the way he did...I can only come to the conclusion that the KO was a product of circumstance brought on by several variables that could not be planned or predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_cano View Post
        Yea it happens. But with yesterday's fight pacquiao ****ed up and paid the price. No ones perfect.

Pacquiao did **** up, i agree 110%, Marquez was lucky in that respect..and what ultimately led to him getting KTFO.

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Yes i didand i stand by what i wrote

Then you should know that this isnt discrediting anyone....this is arguing the existence of a lucky punch...and if this wasnt considered a lucky punch..then i want to know how it wasnt lucky based on whatever your definition of a lucky punch is, and an example of what you consider a lucky punch...which nobody has yet to do!

Comment

This ts IS SHOWING how stupid he is regarding heavyweights .

You have NO IDEA wtf is going on among the HW'S do ya you god damn light weight.

1- Moorer foreman was not a lucky punch. I'm not even gonna explain that.

2- Rahman Lewis I WAS A LUCKY PUNCH

3- Mccall-Lewis WAS NOT A LUCKY PUNCH

if you can't understand why the above 3 are, you have no right to call yourself a boxing fan, because if you don't even konw about boxing's PREMIER DIVISION, than you DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING.

Comment

Dismissing the punch as lucky does do that, I dont think Marquez looked good at all in this fight..he looked slow, was getting countered and Pacman was controlling the majority of the fight up until that point. The first KD was a result of skill as mentioned in my first post... but other than that Pacman was breaking open Marquez's face with well timed and far more accurate shots.... If Marquez didnt look so bad in comparison to I and II , i would not dismiss it as lucky..but the fact he was looking the way he did...I can only come to the conclusion that the KO was a product of circumstance brought on by several variables that could not be planned or predicted.
            Thank you for making your agenda clear for the forum to see.

to go with the bed time story you tell yourself in order to sleep at night.

Comment

Lucky = Punch that is swung wildly in a general direction with no real placement or timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                This ts IS SHOWING how stupid he is regarding heavyweights .

You have NO IDEA wtf is going on among the HW'S do ya you god damn light weight.

1- Moorer foreman was not a lucky punch. I'm not even gonna explain that.

2- Rahman Lewis I WAS A LUCKY PUNCH

3- Mccall-Lewis WAS NOT A LUCKY PUNCH

if you can't understand why the above 3 are, you have no right to call yourself a boxing fan, because if you don't even konw about boxing's PREMIER DIVISION, than you DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING.

hahah what?? ...why dont you educate me on how Foreman/Moorer was not lucky then....

Comment

The way you explain the fight makes it sound like Marquez was doing nothing... It's like no body shots exist... Marquez was landing less but was landing significant body punches. The punch was not "lucky". Marquez didn't bite (take the bait) on the right hand and instead of trying to step away or lean back (which was getting him caught all night because of Pac fainting him out with his movement), he stepped in and he had set himself up to dodge the left while throwing the right. JMM worked on it. As opposed to landing from the outside/mid range after making Pac miss he stepped in like he should have. Pac was landing his left, but he wasn't always getting a freebie, hence him being back up after a lot of his hard shots.

As the say... You don't throw your sunday punch without the hope of landing it. Is there such thing as a lucky punch? Who knows... But this knockout (and the P Will one since they were so damn similar) werent lucky at all. Youre taking a boxer's awareness completely out of the equation because the public doesnt see what the fighters do..

Dont know if you've ever beenin the ring but ill assume you have. You should know that a lot of things slow down for you once youre focused and you see things you would have never noticed if you didnt have some training. Now magnify that by a lot taking into consideration world level talent...and well you get these results.
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Lucky = Punch that is swung wildly in a general direction with no real placement or timing.
                    and an example of this is........

ive heard this as a definition of lucky from a lot of people, but i honestly cant think of an actual real-life example..

Comment

hahah what?? ...why dont you educate me on how Foreman/Moorer was not lucky then....
                      lmao because Foreman was landing that same punch in that same round just with less power... wtf.. did you not watch that fight. Foreman was coming back the entire crowd was roaring than BAM the finale.
                      It wasn't as if Foreman was losing every second of TAHT ROUND than suddenly a wild hay maker with both eyes close.

Garcia over Khan was a lucky punch

that stupid philly ****** rat threw with BOTH HIS EYES CLOSE AND DUMB KHAN WAS KNOCKED THE HELL OUT

Stupid GARCIA don't even know how to throw punches, I can't wait till Khan dominates his Puta azz hole

Comment

Working...
                      X