Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Smith HBO PPV replay averages 459K viewers. Lowest HBO boxing rating ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I streamed the fight live. But when I saw the replay was coming on Saturday I went with the Law and Order binge-o-thon on WETV.

Comment

Broken thumb? Maybe it's best they didn't put on a December show vs Rosado/Monroe.

In other news -

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        are you trolling? College Football has All-Americanism written all over it. The fact that you think it's "amateur" is ridiculous. College Football and Basketball is HUGE in the USA...

I know it is, dummy. I was born and raised here in the USA.

And it is amateur, it's exactly what it is, there is no better analogy. Amateur isn't a slight, I am an amateur boxer and I would literally laugh in your face if you said I wasn't a real boxer because i'm not pro.

Doesn't mean I can't think it's ridiculous, for all the reasons I already stated above.

No one said it isn't a big deal here, my point is that I think it's stupid to take it seriously once you move on from college. I only watch pro sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
          in other news, i dont see how this college football crap gets so many viewers smh....
          It's more fast paced then the NFL and the fans are a lot more loyal. The crowds are ruthless. They are like Chavez Sr fighting in Mexico or Rickey Hatton fighting in England EVERY GAME in any arena for the home team.

And by fast paced it's all offense. It's like Gatti-Ward action compared to Cotto-Canelo with the NFL which is a lot more technical and well rounded.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I know it is, dummy. I was born and raised here in the USA.

And it is amateur, it's exactly what it is, there is no better analogy. Amateur isn't a slight, I am an amateur boxer and I would literally laugh in your face if you said I wasn't a real boxer because i'm not pro.

Doesn't mean I can't think it's ridiculous, for all the reasons I already stated above.

No one said it isn't a big deal here, my point is that I think it's stupid to take it seriously once you move on from college. I only watch pro sports.
            you're trolling. amateur boxing is not even comparable to college football. the context is ratings and popularity. big ten school culture and frat boys will always have their tradition because of stateside rivalry. boxers don't have a standard about Big Ten classic rivalries nationwide. that's how it has always been. college football is synonymous to college sports and how Americans enjoy it. not what you think is "amateur" smh

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              you're trolling. amateur boxing is not even comparable to college football. the context is ratings and popularity. big ten school culture and frat boys will always have their tradition because of stateside rivalry. boxers don't have a standard about Big Ten classic rivalries nationwide. that's how it has always been. college football is synonymous to college sports and how Americans enjoy it. not what you think is "amateur" smh
              Dude, you really aren't very smart, are you? All bs aside.

I have not once brought up "ratings" or popularity". The context isn't what you say it is, it was my statement not yours. My analogy between amateur boxing and college football was solely regarding them both not being the highest level of their sports, both are a level below the professional version.

How on earth do you miss that so many times? If you bring up ratings or popularity or any other jibberish that I haven't mentioned once, I am going to ignore your post.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Dude, you really aren't very smart, are you? All bs aside.

I have not once brought up "ratings" or popularity". The context isn't what you say it is, it was .
                it's not about you. read the thread title doe. #context #cryingaboutwhowatchescollegefootball #ratings #understandingamericanculture

dude, i don't care. fine, you're right! don't get baited to what Argentinians think about college ball. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  That's even remotely a credible comparison friend. This type of statement makes the Don question your honesty
                  It went entirely over your head. The only people criticizing replay numbers are people that are embittered against a fighter. It's not like a Euro replay where it's the first chance most get to see it. And, I don't even hold Euro replay numbers against a fighter.

This thread looks like a bunch of simpletons screaming, "Ha ha, he supposed to be A side doe!"
                  I'd never criticize Golovkin, Kovalev, Canelo, Fury or anyone over a fkn replay number. That's desperate haterism.

Comment

Numbers down but there was 51000 in attendence...

Comment

OP is a dumbass wigger that can't read. Replay had +450K views.

Comment

Working...
                      X