No announcement yet.

Can Pacquiao finish his career and be considered equal to or better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    If he can pull of wins against some of the younger guys such as Brook, Garcia, Thurman, Crawford or Khan? Floyd has no one on his resume that can compete with Morales and Barrera IMO and all of there common opponents besides Marquez were beaten In more spectacular fashion by Pacquiao. On the flip side, Floyd did get the win over Manny and rightfully so. On that note and as of right now, Floyd should be ranked higher. But what If Pacquiao Is able to make a run and dispose of some of these highly ranked young guns particularly against some of the names mentioned above. At the end of the day do these two finish as equals? If not who deserves to be ranked higher based on what they accomplished In the ring and In there careers.

This thread Is not Intended as a bash thread targeted at either fighter. We have enough of that on a daily basis. I am just curious as to what others opinions are on where these to fighters stand when comparing there resumes and career accomplishments.
    Sugar Ray Robinson!

But for me, I like Both Floyd and PAC.
    But I realize that many good fighters don't get a lot of play in the US.

I think Floyd is by far the tetter boxer.
    I bet against PAC when they fought.

I think Marquez is better than PAC, but comes from a long line, a long history of great Mexican boxers. I think Ricardo lopez is better than PAC.
    But PAC has that great story, and America loves the underdog! Maybe the whole world does. But honestly, Floyd is the better boxer. Has better pre fight negotiation skills, and gets it done! I strongly believe Castilo beat him in the first fight!

I am guessing that if he didn't have bad hands. He would have had many more knock outs! If I factor that in, it adds points to floyd! PAC beat a lot of the guys Floyd beat first, damaged goods. PAC did it in a more dramatic style, but Hatton was already on Coke after Floyd stopped him! De la Hoya was not quick enough to do much, and if memory serves me, no catch weight to handicap DLH.

I would love to see manny face those young lions, but I don't want to see him get hurt! Age, wear and tear, etc!

But PAC wins the charisma fight.
    Floyd wins in the ring.

HBO used all of its power to create a super star, manny added to that by knocking guys out. HBO will use all of it's marketing strategy to push the next great thing. Showtime also will do this, manufacture consent and popularity. See Edward Bernays, he was a master!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Didn't Manny drain several opponents himself? That would make him a coward as well, wouldn't it?

Or no?
      For the love of God, didn't Pac win FOTD? Cant Floyd for once just take a risk and stop trying to protect the zero. Cant he take a risk and in a way stick two fingers up at the people who thought Pac was FOTD and put in a performance and risk that states that categorically that Pac isn't the FOTD and that Floyd should have been? But no, instead Floyd just uses CWs.
      Didn't Floyd want to be TBE? Well don't ask for CWs against opponents that aren't that good in the first place. Canelo barely beat Trout. He didn't hospitalize SSM so what was Floyd so worried about? Its that zero against isn't it?
      Floyd needs to come out of retirement and get in the ring with GGG at 160

Comment

• If you went by this forum it would seem like people worship Manny and Floyd but the reason both got so big in real life was the rivalry. People want to see how a rivalry ends.

With one gone the other won't be nearly as popular. Despite how much their fans hate each other, both fighters would probably be buried in tax debt if they hadn't saved each other's financial lives with that rivalry.

Comment

• Hes already proven to be better than Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
            Barrera x2, Morales 2x, Marquez are his overall top wins, wich are certainly better than Corrales and Castillo.

But then, there's a ****load of fighters who were pretty good: Ledbwaba, Eliecer Julio, Oscar Larios, Sasakul. Wich in my view are better than Hernandez, Angel Manfredy and Carlos Hernandez.

Again - Their Career at Welterweight is pretty much the same so i don't care. Legacy wise, they're pretty equal (Floyd's victory over Pacquiao crows his own career).
            You've got to learn your boxing then kid.

As to your first point...Why didn't you mention Cotto, Oscar, Marquez, Pacquiao, Hatton and Canelo for Floyd or did he not fight and beat those guys?
            Last edited by BennyST; 09-28-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              The Canelo fight could've done a lot for his claim BUT he drained the kid!!!!! What a coward. Smh. And on top of all of this, the IV scandal is LEGIT and is just getting started. He could've been juicing for years. We don't know.
              Two things:

Do you give Pac credit for Cotto or is Pac also a coward? Cotto was also drained, so that means Pac, by your own reasoning and mouth, is a coward and doesn't deserve any credit for the Cotto win.

Second, you just said 'we don't know'. Therefore, nothing is legit because no one knows anything and that means Pac has as much suspicion as Floyd does. Floyd has his IV and Pac has his 'unknown' suspicious Ariza shakes which Ariza leaned from Memo, not to mention Pac dodging the WADA testing.

Comment

Working...
              X