Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Wladimir vs. Deontay Wilder Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to NSB, if Wladimir doesn't fight a Brit it equals cherry picking...

Comment

Not that much better than Pianeta really, Wilder's best win is Harrison

BUT saying that, you can't criticise Wlad for this one though. Wilder's name has been out there recently, mostly because he's the only American HW hope. Terrible opponent, but the fight does make sense.

Comment

Wasn't Wilder the guy the Klitschkos beat up in sparring? or was that Seth Mitchell?

I remember there was a photo released of his swollen eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Just keep it civil. You go on about others being "delusional" because they don't agree with you. That's neither "the truth" or unbiased as you would like to be. I couldn't care less what you think about David Haye. You brought him up, I did not. If you don't think he's a good fighter or you think he's boring or over the top or whatever - good for you.

But that still doesn't justify Wlad's last 4 opponents, they have all been crap and if he fought Wilder, based on Wilders current achievement it would be equally bad if not worse. If Wilder could prove himself against a couple of ranked fighters, then fair enough. Fight. But as of now, he hasn't fought anyone that propels him into a world title shot. Specially not Audley Harrison, considering how Wlad used to ridicule him when he fought Haye. He hasn't exactly improved since then.
          I usually agree with you on nearly every point in this HW threads. Still do

Saying that I might have a weird approach to Wlad's last 4 opponents. The Mormeck fight to me was acceptable, but only because he was coming over a win in a huge title unification match with Haye, so you can really give him that one. It was a stay busy break kind of fight. Thompson was the IBF mandatory so again you can't criticise him for that.

After these two you, and the fans, would and should expect another big fight now. Or at least, one with some credibility. Instead we got Wach. The icing on the cake really is Pianeta - it's now an unacceptable streak of bad opponents.

As for Wilder, idk really. Wilder is basically living from the US hope here. If he was European, he'd just be another Price. You won't find many American fans admitting that though. I really want someone better, maybe Fury. Even Chisora. But in all it's a better, though not my much, opponent than Pianeta

Comment

I dont think we have a true sense of where Wilder is, in his career. He runs out and throws one huge bomb and KO's his opponents. He has yet to rely on any type of skill to win his fights. Can he win like that against the best heavyweight in the world? Would that work in a fight against Wladimir Klitschko? I think it would be a 1st where we've seen a guy who may have a height, reach and speed advantage against Klitschko. But those are very simplistic advantages. I think Wlad has a skill advantage against this guy. I'd love to see this one, but, I'm just as interested in seeing Wilder against one the top 5 guys. Fury would be nice, but as previously stated, why risk his mandatory shot at this point. And BTW, Fury gets KO'd by Wlad. If Steve Cunningham put Fury on his ass, then Wlad is gonna knock his head into the 19th row. Fury has very poor defense and fights with his hands down. I'd even pick Wilder to beat him.

Comment

Right now I think Deontay Wilder is still too green. Even though he is a huge puncher with great athleticism for the Heavyweight division; He still needs more time to develop into a well rounded and seasoned fighter before challenging the Wladimir Klitschkos of the world because he's yet unproven. There are still too many unanswered questions about his stamina and chin. He can began answering these questions by challenging some of the current title contenders, like Dereck Chisora, Tyson Fury, David Price or even a David Haye to prove his championship worthiness.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Wasn't Wilder the guy the Klitschkos beat up in sparring? or was that Seth Mitchell?

I remember there was a photo released of his swollen eyes.
                He was floor multiple times in sparring with Wladimir.

Wilder is too green IMO. There are better options for Wlad.

Comment

I would love to see this fight. Yet another American hypejob gets flattoned by none other than the undisputed HW champion of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    from my understand most trainers get 10% or somewhere in that ball park...training wlad is probably more profitable then fighting. if he is getting 10% then he will get $100000 for every million wlad makes...he would stand to make 1.7 million for the povetkin fight. that is better then most of his purses...i'd stay training him too...
                    Yes! Probably considerably more than any of his purses I'd say. Probably got a decent-ish pay day against Seth though...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      He was floor multiple times in sparring with Wladimir.

Wilder is too green IMO. There are better options for Wlad.
                      Well then this potential fight doesn't mean much to me, IMO Wilder needs a win over Chisora and a win over a top 10 fighter to make it vaguely intriguing.

I was looking for that pic of Wilder beaten up, and saw this:

Recognise 'em?

Comment

Working...
                      X