No announcement yet.

Mr. DagoWop's Heavy Bag Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. DagoWop's Heavy Bag Update

Feedback on what I do good and bad would be nice.

Y'all gave some good feedback in the last couple videos I posted.

Do you guys think I should try my hand at some amateur fights? I want to be successful if I do so give it to me straight up. Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 03-28-2016, 08:52 PM.

Keep at it.

Comment

More movement , and bring the jabbing hand back further at all times . Change levels up and down and some head movement and angles . But great work man!! Sorry for the hate but you know how this place can be! Nice looking hooks and you look like you could set a mean pace. Not a slouch on speed either.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        More movement , and bring the jabbing hand back further at all times . Change levels up and down and some head movement and angles . But great work man!! Sorry for the hate but you know how this place can be! Nice looking hooks and you look like you could set a mean pace. Not a slouch on speed either.
        Thank you I'll work on my movement. I definitley understand how this place gets heated at times! There's so many training techniques and philosophy's that clash with each other at times, its all good though!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjWN9ecz0w

Here's a new video I took an hour or 2 ago. I tied 80lbs worth of weights to the bottom of the bag in order for it not to move around because there is a bar on the ground attached to the stand I use to hold up the bag which prevents be from moving forward. This is one of the reasons I don't have much movement going on. Also, there is a bench press to my left along with dozens of boxes of things directly behind me and to my other side because a relative recently passed away and we are in the process of getting a storage unit.

I try to make up for the lack of movement with volume of hard punches. I know that in an amateur bout I won't be throwing 140 punches per round which is what I average on most of my workouts.

Things I'm looking for your opinion on in this video are do I have pop in punches? Am I doing any better with not arm punching? Speed? The little defense I worked on if I do that more? Balance?

Comment

turn the camera around so we can see where you are punching, it makes it hard to see, but what I can see you are rotating your punches, you have a good cross, I would say move more, I am not a expert so I cant help you that much.

Comment

Working...
            X