No announcement yet.

Rewatching Lara vs Angulo.. smh what a hypejob Lara is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    But Rigondeaux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lara man
    I'm not implying that. I'm just saying that just because a fighter looked like **** against X doesn't mean he's going to look like **** when he steps up in competition.

Angulo/Trout/Vanes/Matthew Hatton/Floyd or whoever have nothing to do with the outcome of July 12.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I'm not implying that. I'm just saying that just because a fighter looked like **** against X doesn't mean he's going to look like **** when he steps up in competition.

Angulo/Trout/Vanes/Matthew Hatton/Floyd or whoever have nothing to do with the outcome of July 12.
      No doubt, understandable although Lara has shown those same deficiencies before Angulo exposed them again.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        He also is not really active, even if he wins he might get robbed. I remember watching the P.will fight, i think i scored it 9-3 to Lara but his style really could not do him justice with the judges.
        But i do give him credit he looks small for the division and Canelo too (height wise).

Look at Lara sparring one of the charlo twins, he looks much bigger compared to Lara

lara is far from small for the division, standing at 5'9'', perfect height imo for the 154 lb limit. canelo is short, i think he's 5'7''.

charlo is 5'1'', imo perfect height for a middleweight, i think he will have to move up soon. looked impressive against rosado too.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
          Canelo never struggled with Trout he beat an undefeated Trout fair and square.

Angulo is tripe, slowest boxer in the sport so don't give me that ''styles make fights'' **** Idk what style Angulo has his attributes apart from his chin and power are garbage.

Canelo will press the attack and **** this hypejob up.
          Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          You could say that. But the difference being Canelo showed a different aspect to his game that we hadn't seen before the Trout fight.

Defense head and waist movement and he used his jab efficiently. Obviously Lara had an easier time but Canelo looked better against Trout than what we saw in Lara/Angulo.

All I'm saying is it's silly to make a judgement based off one common opponent.. There are so many variables in fights that using the sample size of one fight (angulo) is not a good approach...

For the fight itself, may the best man win.. I think it's a pick'em fight and both sides have a chance for victory..

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            Except Donaire was never really that good. He was a knock out guy. He wasn't special. Canelo is 5x the boxer/puncher Donaire is.

And Rigo is a lot slicker and craftier than Lara is.
            That wasn't the point I was trying to make. You could use the same analogy with Garcia/Matthysse, Floyd/Maidana or any other fight in history.

And I don't agree with that at all. Donaire is excellent at setting traps, has great timing and handspeed. He is lightning quick and has the ability to end the fight at moments notice, so why not develop a style that can set up your counter shots?

Its funny people will crown Rigo as king of the world and in the same sentence **** on what will be his crowning achievement in his entire boxing career.

Comment

How many threads are u gonna make. And how are u not banned yet

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber
                How many threads are u gonna make. And how are u not banned yet
                Some times it feels like these guys have the mods in their pockets. Cause like you said, how the **** is he not banned yet? Not only that but they don't IP ban this pest.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Stark777 View Post
                  Only one month to see who is overrated and who is the real deal.
                  They are both good fighters but I believe that Lara is definitely the better one and he'll prove that on Saturday 12 July 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    All I'm saying is it's silly to make a judgement based off one common opponent.. There are so many variables in fights that using the sample size of one fight (angulo) is not a good approach...

For the fight itself, may the best man win.. I think it's a pick'em fight and both sides have a chance for victory..
                    Both have a chance, maybe Lara can make some adjustments, with the physical tools he possesses it's quite surprising that he hasn't fixed some of those holes after Molina. Despite all that he does have a good shot but I ain't picking him, I think Canelo will counter that measuring jab or catch him when he brings it back low, I think he'll do decently well in the center of the ring and I think he'll break through the middle as Lara goes into a shell. Just some of the things I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
                      It's always a smart idea to judge a fighter by a single fight.
                      He looked bad in the Hernandez and Molina fights too. He's looked pretty average in most of his high profile fights on average, than he has amazing.

It's because a lot of people think he has a chance against Mayweather, people want to see Mayweather lose so bad they will hype anyone up to be a boogey man.

Comment

Working...
                      X