No announcement yet.

What is your opinion on fat burners?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Eating white rice and pasta being bad for you is untrue.
    White rice (especially jasmine) has a very high glycemic load. Those kind of spikes in your blood-glucose levels are not good, especially if you're trying to have enough energy to train/lose weight. But, if you're an average Joe, nothing really to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Eating white rice and pasta being bad for you is untrue.
      Not from what I've read but granted there are always counter claims in the scientific world.

Refining rice removes the fibre, minerals, phytochemicals and vitamin E. Like the above poster said this means that it is then adsorbed too rapidly resulting in a sharp glucose surge in the bloodstream. The pancreas then pumps out excess insulin in response.

Two studies that I know of, both carried out over six years, one involving 65,000 women and the other 43,000 men concluded that those with diets high in refined carbs such as white bread, rice and pasta had two and a half times the incidence of type two diabetes compared with those who consumed the high fibre alternatives of whole wheat bread, pasta and brown rice. Refined foods have also been linked to gallbladder disease, heart disease and numerous types of cancers, though of course linked doesn't outright prove causation.

The American government requires that refined foods have a few synthetic minerals and vitamins added back because of the known health risks.

From personal experience my energy levels have completely changed for the better since switching to whole grains.

Comment

Work it off, avoid short cuts. I don't even believe in weight loss diets. Eat healthy but exercise off any extra weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Judahchamp View Post
          Work it off, avoid short cuts. I don't even believe in weight loss diets. Eat healthy but exercise off any extra weight.
          Ya I decided not to f with em

I wasn't tryna take a shortcut tho, I'd be doing as much with em as I would without em.

If anything it'd be more like speeding haha

Comment

Working...
          X