Words of wisdom from malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words of wisdom from malignaggi

http://sports.cbslocal.com/2017/01/1...lem-in-boxing/

Malignaggi is talking about steroids, I only read the article because I thought he would mention Pacquiao at least eight times. I'm mildly disappointed.

Comment

Says the guy who worked with Memo Heredia

Comment

Paulie Malinaggi, the Village Idiot of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Says the guy who worked with Memo Heredia
          I genuinely think its part of the program to talk loads about drug testing and drug taking in sports when you are on something.

I remember seeing a Marion Jones press conference where she spouted the same kind of talk that you hear from Mayweather and Malignaggi before she got popped.

Cant find it on YT now which is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            I genuinely think its part of the program to talk loads about drug testing and drug taking in sports when you are on something.

I remember seeing a Marion Jones press conference where she spouted the same kind of talk that you hear from Mayweather and Malignaggi before she got popped.

Cant find it on YT now which is annoying.
            You should read any of the books brought out by cyclists over the last five years or so. Tyler Hamilton's is one I would recommend. It is part of the strategy alright. If you go on the offensive people don't suspect you in the same way.

Also, they have a way of framing it so that their doping is basically ok but everyone else's is wrong. Lance Armstrong went to the UCI demanding that they investigate Hamilton because he thought Hamilton might be using PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              You should read any of the books brought out by cyclists over the last five years or so. Tyler Hamilton's is one I would recommend. It is part of the strategy alright. If you go on the offensive people don't suspect you in the same way.

Also, they have a way of framing it so that their doping is basically ok but everyone else's is wrong. Lance Armstrong went to the UCI demanding that they investigate Hamilton because he thought Hamilton might be using PEDs.
              Yeah doesnt surprise me at all. I bet a lot of athletes justify it to themselves by saying that everyone else is doing it so they just need to get a level playing field, not realising that they then become a part of the problem. 'Other people are doing it to cheat, im just doing it to stay level'

Tbh i have developed a healthy cynicism for every athlete in every sport now. From AJ to Fury, no matter the body shape or personality, they are all at it in my eyes. I try not to even think about it because it just ends up sucking the enjoyment out of watching sport.

Book sounds interesting. Ive got a bit of a backlog to read atm, but if i remember ill come back to that.

Comment

Working...
              X