Originally posted by Truth. View Post
    Have you got a link mate?

I know Andrade beat Thurman a couple of times in the Olympic trials in 2007
    I think its this one

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I think its this one

Cheers.

I think Thurman is a lot more suited to the pros, for obvious reasons.

Porter says Thurman has improved as a boxer as well, so it's much harder to outbox him now.

I think Thurman is a very overlooked as a 'boxer' because of his power, only Pac and Floyd can outbox him at 147 imo.

Can't wait to see Thurman vs Porter. They're both gonna be stars.

Comment

Porter is not the same guy as Maidana but his general purpose in the fight would be similar, if he could do a better job at landing clean while muscling Floyd around is an open question. He has a bad habit of throwing from too far away and I can't imagine the leaping left hook would be a very useful tool against Floyd. He would certainly make him fight though.

Thurman is also a bigger more stout guy but he is more of an outside boxer puncher sort which Floyd has generally done a good job on, but it is a different fight and who really knows what Thurman is capable of.

If I had to pick right now Porter because he has done the better work recently, and with what Floyd showed in the Maidana fight it would likely be an interesting affair.

Comment

Porter has the better style to beat Mayweather, I dont think Thurman has shown the ability to make it rough, hed probably get Outboxed. POrter and Thurman need to beat each other or atleast get a big win to make a Mayweather fight marketable.

Right now its really bleh. Mayweather's options at GB arent as deep as it seems. Khan is out, as far as im concerned the only credible opponents avaliable are Maidana and Danny Garcia. Maidana being the more attractive opponent, I never want to see Danny fight mayweather. Itd be a bigger shutout than Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
            Who do you think deserves Mayweather?

Who do you think would do best vs Mayweather?

Who does more for Mayweather's perception since people seem to think Mayweather has to prove himself vs young guns rather than someone like Thurman picking up a win over a legitimate threat?

Who do you think would win?

Would you give Mayweather credit for fighting either of these guys and winning?
            Mayweather vs Thurman.

Comment

Mayweather beats Porter, Thurman presents a more interesting dynamic with his explosiveness and movement. If I could have it any other way, it'd be winner of Porter-Thurman.

Comment

I'd rather see Floyd fight Keith.

I honestly don't see what people see in Porter at this point. Obviously he's a solid fighter but I see a lot of people saying he'd trouble Floyd and I can't help but scratch my head. He reminds me of a power-boxer type like Shane Mosley only even more reckless and foolish at times. I find him highly entertaining to watch, but incredibly flawed and sloppy, as well.

Mayweather/Thurman would be nice.

Neither of these fights will happen anytime soon, though. Thurman and Porter have yet to establish themselves as A class guys and Floyd won't fight anybody without a recognized name.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                  Who do you think deserves Mayweather?

Who do you think would do best vs Mayweather?

Who does more for Mayweather's perception since people seem to think Mayweather has to prove himself vs young guns rather than someone like Thurman picking up a win over a legitimate threat?

Who do you think would win?

Would you give Mayweather credit for fighting either of these guys and winning?
                  Porter because Thurman opens up to much swings wildly Porter is better trained

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    I'd rather see Floyd fight Keith.

I honestly don't see what people see in Porter at this point. Obviously he's a solid fighter but I see a lot of people saying he'd trouble Floyd and I can't help but scratch my head. He reminds me of a power-boxer type like Shane Mosley only even more reckless and foolish at times. I find him highly entertaining to watch, but incredibly flawed and sloppy, as well.

Mayweather/Thurman would be nice.

Neither of these fights will happen anytime soon, though. Thurman and Porter have yet to establish themselves as A class guys and Floyd won't fight anybody without a recognized name.
                    I think Porter's style is going to cause problems for today's Floyd.

I see the similarties with Mosley but his styles not like Mosley.

Porter has a jab to start and he's aggressive, he'll force the fight. He won't box like Shane attempts to.

He's big, athletic, can punch, quick feet and throws a lot of punches.

I think that will trouble today's ageing version of Mayweather.

Thurman I see as a guy who's going to attempt to box with Floyd. And we've seen that no one's going to outbox Floyd.

Comment

I'd rather see Thurman v Mayweather. Porter deserves it more. Both are capable of beating him, but of the two I'd pick Thurman to do it more clearly possibly by stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X