The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
    Martinez is Latino you friggin idiot.
    You should check your facts before you call someone an idiot. Argentina has a large white population due to Italian and German migration. Just because they speak Spanish and are latinos doesn't mean they are not white. This is a common misconception in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
      Martinez is Latino you friggin idiot.
      As is Canelo.

Anyway, he came across poorly. Cotto came across as a gentleman. I hope Miguel puts it on him, he has the style to do it, but maybe not the size.

Comment

• Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
        Sergio's issue with Cotto is rooted in some low self esteem issues. That, and perhaps a little snobbery toward the "puerto Rican" after all, Sergio is white and from Argentina. How could Cotto fail to acknowledge this. His hate for Cotto has NOTHING to do with A side B side. He thinks he is superior beyond boxing, and that Cotto should bow to the white Argentine. I can see it in his eyes. Cotto infuriates him with his strong sense of self. I guess Sergio thinks only HE can have that pride.
        Argentinians are stereotyped to be arrogant; however, Martinez is actually very humble. I live in Oxnard and he has a good reputation here.

Comment

• Sergio comes across as a straight-shooter, he tells it like he see's it and doesn't give a ****. At the same time, I've always thought he come across as a nice guy away from boxing.

Miguel always comes across as a nice guy, always respectful.

I like both guys a lot, but knee-injury aside, Sergio will be handing out a beating.
          Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 05-18-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            As is Canelo.

Anyway, he came across poorly. Cotto came across as a gentleman. I hope Miguel puts it on him, he has the style to do it, but maybe not the size.
            How did Martinez come across poorly?? He is the lineal middleweight champion and Cotto made him come in 1st and be announced as the challenger. If you were in Martinez's shoes, that would have been "ok" with you?? I like both guys here and that was bull$h!t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
              I have not seen the faceoff,but I did dvr it! Watching it in 10 min or so!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

So, did you watch it yet? Wow.

edit; "The Rock...lol."

Comment

• Face-off was only 6 minutes, right?

Comment

• I like how Sergio talks down on Cotto's resume when his isn't as good as Cotto's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    I have not seen the faceoff,but I did dvr it! Watching it in 10 min or so!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    WOW, it would be great if you could upload it somewhere. I canīt find the full version of the face off anywhere. Only the 6 min version.

Comment

• Clear round for Sergio. Clear.

From pointing out the hypocrisy of his a side b side stance to attacking Cotto's character with regular people and as a role model, predicting ko, and having that idiot max admit who he favors. Martinez seems driven to beat the brakes off the guy, honestly.

Comment

Working...
                      X